Using Jump spells causes mod companions to clip through everything

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
acatlady

Using Jump spells causes mod companions to clip through everything

Post by acatlady »

This screenshot shows Julan the Ashlander Companion frantically zooming around in midair, after I used a Jump spell to get over some mountains to a bandit cave. He started acting weirdly after I landed (sprinting while staying in place, sliding around randomly with no movement animation, stuff like that). After entering the cave, he started passing through walls and floors to follow my PC, and often vibrating very fast while he did so.

As far as I can tell, exiting and restarting OpenMW is the only thing that fixes this. This is OpenMW 0.46.0 (Flatpak version) on Fedora 34, with the Patch for Purists and NatalieN's patches for Julan on OpenMW.

Edit: this also happens sometimes with Constance, though it's less reliable IIRC.
AnyOldName3

Re: Using Jump spells causes mod companions to clip through everything

Post by AnyOldName3 »

For future reference, don't edit your posts once they've been approved until you've got enough posts to convince the forum software that you're a human. Some bots make a human-seeming post and then edit it to be full of spam links once it's been approved, so we've got to remove edited posts and put them back in the moderation queue when they're from new accounts.
acatlady

Post by acatlady »

Oh wow, apologies and thanks for letting me know.

And an update on the glitch: restarting OpenMW doesn't help. I don't know anything that does except just waiting a while.
acatlady

Post by acatlady »

Further update: I was able to get the glitchy behavior to stop by jumping over Ghostgate. After Julan landed on the opposite side he handled collisions normally again. No idea why.
acatlady

Post by acatlady »

Ah, I found the source of the problem! It's definitely Slowfall. Doing any kind of big jump with Slowfall 1pt in effect causes Julan to start floating and ghosting through things.