Statics floating in midair, how to reset?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
sonicboom12345

Statics floating in midair, how to reset?

Post by sonicboom12345 »

I have an odd problem, perhaps some wise people here will know how to fix it.

I've been modding my game quite a bit lately, adding a mod here, subtracting a mod there when I discover an issue or an incompatibility. Recently, I took City of Balmora out of my mod load list, a mod which made some pretty extensive changes to Suran.

This has left a number of statics floating in midair in the Suran exterior cells. Note that this isn't being caused by an incompatibility in the mod load order; if I start a new game and visit Suran, the statics present just fine. Rather, it seems my OpenMW save file has seared in its memory the xyz coordinates of where these guar skin banners, street lights, etc. used to be, and it's continuing to render them there even though they should have reverted to their vanilla locations in the absence of the mod.

Basically what I'm looking for is a way to "reset" the cell. Or even to reset these individual statics.
wazabear
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/glassmancody.info

Re: Statics floating in midair, how to reset?

Post by wazabear »

Unfortunately, animated objects get their current state baked into saves, a feature that carries over from both engines. This is a really common issue with no fix that I'm aware of. In theory someone could create a tool to remove this but I don't think something like this exists.
sonicboom12345

Post by sonicboom12345 »

I admit I don't know the first thing about programming, but for such a moddable game, this seems like a behavior that would be really good to not recreate in OpenMW.
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

if it's just a few things, you can open the console, click on the object until it's name appears up top, and then use the move command to adjust its location. Tedious to do if there's a lot of things, though.
wazabear
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/glassmancody.info

Post by wazabear »

I'm not really familiar with this area of engine but omwsaves can be read with esmtool, so i'm taking a wild guess and saying you could possibly use a tool such as tes3cmd to clear animation data.