Example-Suite install

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
tigersong

Example-Suite install

Post by tigersong »

Hello. So far I've learned one lesson about editing `openmw.cfg`: Never use Geany. Now I'd like to try out the Example Suite, but I can't seem to find the exact right configuration. (I've gotten as far as selecting the template add-on, but no files are listed below it.)

The installation document isn't very helpful; it just says, comment out these lines and add those lines. Am I supposed to perform a fresh install, using the template as a master file?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. It's installed, though even with land.esp activated, everything's underwater.
DestinedToDie

Re: Example-Suite install

Post by DestinedToDie »

tigersong wrote: 20 May 2021, 23:31P.S. It's installed, though even with land.esp activated, everything's underwater.
Sorry for the late reply, I don't visit the forums as often as I used to.

The old version of the example suite has problems with the 1st person camera, which makes it so that the camera is placed somewhere in the water. Go into 3rd person and it should work. A new version of the example suite is being worked on and will very likely come with better instructions.
tigersong

Post by tigersong »

Thank you. I'm also seeing my configuration reset to default; how do I stop it?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

How are you changing your configuration and are any OpenMW apps open when you're doing so?
tigersong

Post by tigersong »

I use Mousepad, and the OpenMW launcher is usually open; I'm guessing it shouldn't be.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yeah, it doesn't pick up changes made while it's open, and then overwrites them when it's closed.