Lost reflective water on update

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Mordigant

Lost reflective water on update

Post by Mordigant »

I changed my OpenMW version to "Version 0.47.0 Revision 3920477618" today. This version resolved the issue I was having with my cheat ring and I was pleased to see the distant land settings in the launcher itself. Upon going into the OpenMW folder however, I saw that this version did not have a settings master config file which is where the settings for reflective water in OpenMW usually are, and I did not see the option in the launcher. How do I turn on reflective water in this particular version?
CMAugust

Re: Lost reflective water on update

Post by CMAugust »

Water reflection is changed via the in-game settings.
Mordigant

Post by Mordigant »

Got it! That's really cool that some of these settings are being added to the game itself. What about adjusting the world map zoom? Is that in settings too? That's another feature that I used to only be able to access in the master config.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

I'm not actually sure what you mean by map zoom - as far as I know the MR that allows zooming of the world map has will not be merged until after 0.47.0 release.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "master" config; are you referring to the settings-default.cfg that users are explicitly told not to edit? The one you are supposed to edit is settings.cfg in your my games\OpenMW folder, the same place your saves folder lives. You simply paste in settings under their correct header and set the value you want.