Installing Tribunal and Bloodmoon question

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Thatstinkyguy

Installing Tribunal and Bloodmoon question

Post by Thatstinkyguy »

I've installed and played through a bit of the base game utilizing OpenMW, without having installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon. However, I would like to install these into OpenMW. Is there any way to install the expansions on top of my existing installation with OpenMW, and will they be able to integrate into my saved game file?

Thank you for your time!

- Thatstinkyguy
ezze

Re: Installing Tribunal and Bloodmoon question

Post by ezze »

Find the Tribunal.bsa and Tribunal.esm files. And put them in the same directory of the Morrowind.esm file.

Then edit your openmw.cfg file so that Tribunal is used:

Code: Select all

fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa

[....]

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
For bloodmoon is very similar, just add the files Bloodmoon bsa and esm below Tribunal
Thatstinkyguy

Post by Thatstinkyguy »

Thanks!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Bloodmoon at least, probably Tribunal too, has loose files that need to be installed too. I don't remember if the OpenMW installation wizard allows installing the expansions on an existing install or not, but presuming any mods you have are installed into separate folders as recommended, you can try that. Alternatively, on Windows you can install Tribunal and Bloodmoon normally, install the latest Tribunal and Bloodmoon patches as needed, then add the bsas and esms to openmw.cfg as previously mentioned.
Barticle

Post by Barticle »

I am at a lost with installing Tribunal or Bloodmoon. I have an existing installation of MW which runs normally. I placed the ESM and BSA files for T and B in the same folder as Morrowind. I tried editing openmw.cfg. There's a warning at the top which says Do not alter, alter useropenmw.cfg instead. I can not find any such file. I added the recommended lines to openmw.cfg anyway, but it makes no difference. When I start Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon are just not on the menu. What have I missed? :?:
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Start by reinstalling OpenMW as that'll put the non-user openmw.cfg back to how it should be. Then use this page https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... -log-files to work out where the user openmw.cfg should be on your operating system. If it doesn't exist, it's likely because you've never run OpenMW, it's launcher, or its first-time setup wizard, and running one of those should create it.
Barticle

Post by Barticle »

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that when I have time. I should mention that at present when I open the launcher I see messages that Tribunal and Bloodmoon are loading. However when I get the menu they are not there. Only New, Load, and Options.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

They're more in-game content, not extra menu buttons. Have you tried going into the game and travelling to Solsteim? If that works, you're playing the Bloodmoon DLC.
Barticle

Post by Barticle »

I'm in Solstheim but don't see Bloodmoon. Should I start a new game?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You do see Bloodmoon. Solsteim isn't in the base game, and is only added by the Bloodmoon DLC.