White screen not responding at launch

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
kokoiop

White screen not responding at launch

Post by kokoiop »

I installed Morrowind (Steam version) and OpenMW this morning. When launching the game with OpenMW, I just get a white screen and in the task manager, it's says not responding. I'vre tried changing resolution, settings the game to fullscreen or windowed. I also uninstalled and reinstalled OpenMW.

Can be useful to note, Morrowind on Steam launch with a black screen and isn't responding either unless the game setting is set to Windowed.

Anyone has any clue how to solve this?

Thank you!
AnyOldName3

Re: White screen not responding at launch

Post by AnyOldName3 »

My first guess given that you're also having issues with the original engine would be that something might be wrong with your OS install or graphics drivers. I'd suggest reinstalling the graphics drivers and doing an integrity check on Windows - that can be done pretty easily by right-clicking on the start menu button (or pressing the Windows key and X at the same time), choosing the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option, and typing sfc /scannow then pressing enter.

If it's an OpenMW issue, there'll probably be something in your OpenMW log, which can be found at the location described here: https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... paths.html
kokoiop

Re: White screen not responding at launch

Post by kokoiop »

Hi, so I followed a bit on what you were saying and it works. I actually updated my graphics driver and updated windows (KB4023057). I don't know wich one actually solved it tho since I did both and restarted my computer after. :lol:

I also didn't looked at the log from OpenMW before it actually worked and it doesn't seem the log from when it wasn't working are still there.

Anyway, thank you, sorry for the late reply!