Overlay hiding key + screenshots (F11+F12) don't work after installing tamriel rebuilt

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
eru777

Overlay hiding key + screenshots (F11+F12) don't work after installing tamriel rebuilt

Post by eru777 »

Not a huge issue as I can take screenshots using geforce experience.
The screenshots from geforce are actually better (openMW ones always seemed too dark for some reason), but I'd still like to have the option of hiding the overlay.
Don't know if this constitutes a bug report but I'd like to report it and maybe some of you can find a solution
eru777

Re: Overlay hiding key + screenshots (F11+F12) don't work after installing tamriel rebuilt

Post by eru777 »

Okay so I rebooted openMW two or three times and now the screenshots and HUD hiding both work, but that means I have to reboot 4 times every time I start openMW.
Sometimes these two keys don't work.
The bug was there even before installing tamriel rebuilt, but for some reason it increased dramatically after the installation.
Is there any other way to hide the HUD?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Overlay hiding key + screenshots (F11+F12) don't work after installing tamriel rebuilt

Post by psi29a »

Let's nail down some terminology first so that no one is confused.

Reboot, in a computer context literally means re-loading the boot-loader. It can't (and shouldn’t) be used when talking about applications.

I assume you mean restarting OpenMW several times to get things to work?

Can you provide more information about your setup? Hardware configuration, your Operating System, perhaps even provide a film of the behaviour?