uninstalling openmw

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
lacmus

uninstalling openmw

Post by lacmus »

Я напишу сначала по русски, потом переведу гуглом. Заранее прошу прощения за качеств перевода. Проблема с установкой и удалением OpenMW. Есть чистая версия морровинда 1С. Далее устанавливаю openmw. Все было хорошо до тех пор пока не начал устанавливать моды. В какой-то момент openMW перестал реагировать на движения мыши в игре. Я решил удалить все и начать заново. Удалил игру и openmw штатными деинсталляторами. Затем установил морровинд, трибунал и бладмун без модов. Установил openmw 0.46. При запуске openmw выдает сообщение archive Better Bodies (NU).bsa not found. Переустановка не решает проблему. Удалил файлы в моих документах - openmw вообще отказывается запускаться. В итоге у меня чистый морровинд без каких либо модов и я не могу запустить на нем openmw из-за того, что он хочет BetterBodies. Как мне заставить openmw забыть все и установиться правильно? Спасибо.

I will write first in Russian, then I will translate it by Google. I apologize in advance for the quality of the translation. Problem with installing and uninstalling OpenMW. There is a clean version of Morrowind 1C. Next, I install openmw. Everything was fine until I started installing mods. At some point, openMW stopped responding to mouse movements in the game. I decided to delete everything and start over. Removed the game and openmw with regular uninstallers. Then I installed morrowind, tribunal and bloodmoon without mods. Installed openmw 0.46. On startup, openmw displays the message archive Better Bodies (NU) .bsa not found. Reinstalling doesn't fix the problem. Deleted files in my docs - openmw refuses to start at all. As a result, I have a clean Morrowind without any mods and I cannot run openmw on it because it wants BetterBodies. How can I make openmw forget everything and install correctly? Thank you.
heilkitty

Re: uninstalling openmw

Post by heilkitty »

What's in the

Code: Select all

~\Documents\my games\openmw\openmw.log
file?
lacmus

Post by lacmus »

heilkitty wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 10:59 What's in the

Code: Select all

~\Documents\my games\openmw\openmw.log
file?
It's empty there
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

No need to remove openmw itself or re-install; just remove
~\Documents\my games\openmw
Then when you run the launcher, it will walk you through the wizard again.

Keep in mind though when you run the ini importer, it will import everything from your morrowind ini, so if it had mods, then you'll have those too.

So if you want a really clean experience, clean up your morrowind.ini file too.
lacmus

Post by lacmus »

psi29a wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 06:52 No need to remove openmw itself or re-install; just remove
~\Documents\my games\openmw
Then when you run the launcher, it will walk you through the wizard again.

Keep in mind though when you run the ini importer, it will import everything from your morrowind ini, so if it had mods, then you'll have those too.

So if you want a really clean experience, clean up your morrowind.ini file too.
Я пробовал удалить эту папку целиком и файлы в ней по отдельности. При новой установке и запуске опенмв она не создается снова. Сейчас все файлы в этой папке абсолютно пустые. Это странно, но программа по прежнему требует несуществующий нигде бса. Я не знаю что еще можно сделать. Переустановить виндовс?)

I tried to delete this folder in its entirety and the files in it separately. With a new installation and running openmv, it is not created again. Now all files in this folder are completely empty. Oddly enough, the program still requires a non-existent bss. I don't know what else can be done. Reinstall windows?)
lacmus

Post by lacmus »

Проблема решена. Тему можно закрывать. Виноват оказался антивирус, который запускал подозрительные по его мнению программы в отдельной песочнице. Я её отключил, всё переустановил и игра заработала как надо. Всем спасибо.

The problem has been resolved. The topic can be closed. The antivirus was to blame, it launched programs suspicious in its opinion in a separate sandbox. I turned it off, reinstalled everything and the game worked as it should. Thanks to all.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Are you using a particularly bad antivirus and are you getting OpenMW from one of the official sources? We're not doing anything that should upset any antivirus software, so it's possible you've downloaded a build from somewhere weird and it's been tampered with, or you've got some other malware on your system that tampered with it.
lacmus

Post by lacmus »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 22:40 Are you using a particularly bad antivirus and are you getting OpenMW from one of the official sources? We're not doing anything that should upset any antivirus software, so it's possible you've downloaded a build from somewhere weird and it's been tampered with, or you've got some other malware on your system that tampered with it.
Я использую бесплатный антивирус Comodo. Дистрибутив openmw скачан с этого сайта, сама игра от официального локализатора в России. Игра у меня в виде образа с лицензионнго CD. Антивирус не блокирует работу openmw как вируса, просто изолирует файлы настроек, что не позволяет полноценно настраивать работу программы. Насчет вредоносного ПО в системе - не могу ничего утверждать, так как сама система Windows у меня никогда не была лицензионной :) Однако, не думаю, что проблема в конфликте openmw с антивирусом, так как в этой песочнице он хранил множество файлов разных программ, в чистоте которых нет сомнений. Просто такой алгоритм работы антивируса.

I am using Comodo free antivirus. The openmw distribution was downloaded from this site, the game itself is from an official localizer in Russia. The game is in the form of an image from a licensed CD. Antivirus does not block openmw from working like a virus, it simply isolates the configuration files, which does not allow fully customizing the operation of the program. As for the malware in the system, I can't say anything, since the Windows system itself was never licensed to me :) However, I don't think that the problem is in the conflict between openmw and the antivirus, since in this sandbox it stored many files of different programs, in the purity of which there is no doubt. It's just such an algorithm for the anti-virus.