OpenMW Total Overhaul Issue

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ZaidZilla

OpenMW Total Overhaul Issue

Post by ZaidZilla »

Hey guys!
I've recently spent multiple days trying to complete the Total Overhaul Modpack from OpenMW modded lists. I followed the steps one by one and would periodically stop to test if it's working. I stopped at step 120 and verified the mods were working, they were. I stopped at step 200 to see if the mods were still working and... they are. Just one problem, I noticed that the entire mountain range seen from the starting boat in Seyda Neen is filled with yellow exclamation marks. I really wanna play the Total Overhaul but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong! Would really appreciate some help on this. Please let me know what you need from my files and I shall provide!
ZaidZilla

Re: OpenMW Total Overhaul Issue

Post by ZaidZilla »

Here is an image of the issue at hand:
https://imgur.com/9SDGyyK
Attachments
Screenshot (92).png
Screenshot (92).png
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

Did you try to "bisect" it to the faulty mod?
ezze

Post by ezze »

Can you open the console (~), click on one of the triangles, and type "ori"? It may give some useful information from where the mesh comes.
ZaidZilla

Post by ZaidZilla »

Thanks for the reply! This is what came up:

Report time: 2021.04.07 14:56:43 UTC
Content file: Grass AL Ghostgate Fortress.ESP
RefNum: 193
RefID: grs_rm_grayrock1
Memory address: 000001FF9CC22FE0
Cell: Bitter Coast Region
Grid: -2 -8
Coordinates: -9433.25 -65486.1 460.241
Model: meshes\Grass\Grass_AL_2.nif
ezze

Post by ezze »

It seems the file "meshes/Grass/Grass_AL_2.nif" is missing. Double check the original Grass AL Ghostgate Fortress mod, was the file there? Perhaps something went wrong during unpacking?
ZaidZilla

Post by ZaidZilla »

Nope, no Grass textures in the RR Ghostgate Fortress mod but I downloaded the Aesthesia Groundcover - grass mod from the Total Overhaul list and it replaced the errors with some amazing grass! The problem now is that, as the Total Overhaul list says, the Aesthesia Groundcover mod requires 0.47 unreleased build for playable frame rates. I immediately noticed that whenever I'm outside, my frame rate drops substantially. Any idea where I can find that unreleased build?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The downloads page has links now. You can get there by scrolling up on this page and pressing the obvious link.
ZaidZilla

Post by ZaidZilla »

Ok so do I just replace the current OpenMW 0.46.0 folder in my Program Files folder with the OpenMW 0.47.0 and that's it? Do I need to fiddle with the OpenMW folder in the Documents? Should I replace the old version and then run the new openmw installation wizard? What's the process? I don't wanna mess anything up. Thanks in advance!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's probably a little safer to extract it to its own folder rather than over the top of 0.46 as we've changed some of our dependency versions, and in general, you shouldn't be editing stuff in Program Files yourself. A directory like C:\Games\OpenMW is fine. You shouldn't need to change anything in the Documents\My Games\OpenMW folder, but both versions will be able to see the same settings and saves, so it's maybe not ideal to go back to 0.46 once you've moved to a 0.47 dev build as the best settings for one might not be the best for the other.