(Solved) Data Files tab in OpenMW launcher does not show all plugins at once

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
MasterParadox

Re: Data Files tab in OpenMW launcher does not show all pluggins at once

Post by MasterParadox »

What is the reasoning behind that drop-down menu?
No other launcher I've seen for Bethesda games has that.
They just list every plugin in the data folder.
Chris

Post by Chris »

MasterParadox wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 06:38 What is the reasoning behind that drop-down menu?
The drop-down menu is to show a list of "games" (esms that don't depend on another esm), and the list of plugins that appear under it are plugins that depend on that game. What can happen in a case like this is you have a mod for Morrowind that doesn't depend on morrowind.esm, so the launcher sees it as a separate game with its own plugins, rather than as plugins for Morrowind.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's actually a total conversion (so basically its own game) and a patch for the total conversion in a different language, which depends on a file with a different name. I'm still not totally convinced this is would work as expected in the original engine.
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

Chris wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 05:20
MasterParadox wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 06:38 What is the reasoning behind that drop-down menu?
The drop-down menu is to show a list of "games" (esms that don't depend on another esm), and the list of plugins that appear under it are plugins that depend on that game. What can happen in a case like this is you have a mod for Morrowind that doesn't depend on morrowind.esm, so the launcher sees it as a separate game with its own plugins, rather than as plugins for Morrowind.
Ok, so the issue here is that the launcher thinks Myar A. is two games instead of one which is unfortunate.
Can I make it recognize it as just one?
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

How hard would it be to load up one of those ESMs in Enchanted Editor or just regular CS and set it to be dependent on the other ESM?
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I suggest Wrye Mash (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45439) to change dependencies. I've myself made personal versions of some Abot's mods for Arktwend with just few clicks.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

OpenMW is stricter on a few things than Morrowind itself and for good reason. It is possible that things by accident in Morrowind but break in other non-subtle ways. Fixing this issue in content should make it usable in both Morrowind and OpenMW.
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

With some trial and error I managed to solve my problem. :D
It was not that easy since I've never tried any of the tools you mentioned.
But in the end I did it.
Thank you guys for your help.

You can mark the thread as solved.