(Solved) Data Files tab in OpenMW launcher does not show all plugins at once

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
MasterParadox

(Solved) Data Files tab in OpenMW launcher does not show all plugins at once

Post by MasterParadox »

I want to start playing Myar Aranath in english with the patches.
Unfortunately the OpenMW launcher does not show all plugins at once but does only show different plugins depending on what is selected in the Content drop-down list.
The Content drop-down list has two options:
1. ma_script_base.esm which has the german masters and the patches.
2. ma_rok_eng v0001.esm which has the additional journal translations esp.
I need all these plugins to play the game in english with the patches.
Is there a workaround?
I tested the game using all plugins in MO2 and I could not see any problems at the start area at least.
Last edited by MasterParadox on 18 Apr 2021, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
MasterParadox

Re: Data Files tab in OpenMW launcher does not show all pluggins at once

Post by MasterParadox »

So is it possible to choose all these plugins at once?

Here's a couple of screenshots to show the problem.
Attachments
Option with Ma_script_base_esm.png
Option with Ma_rok_eng_esm.png
Alyen91

Post by Alyen91 »

hello the problem is simple you have the wrong configuration. only one of the two esm is the main one. so the main you have to select it on top. but the second should be put as if it were an esp. then in the mod folder. then if the program does not recognize it automatically the septum from the openwm ini file
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

Thank you for your answer.

If I did convert the english esm (ma_rok_english esm) into an esp with Wrye mash would the esp that depend on the esm (additional translations esp) still recognize it's master? And would the new esp still behave the same way as before? It must still overwrite the german esm.
Alyen91

Post by Alyen91 »

you don't have to convert it. you just have to move it. put it in the mod folder along with the other esp files. if the program does not find it automatically you insert it in the ini file, openmw that you find in documents. unfortunately I'm not English I can't explain myself better than that.
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

I use Mo2 to sort the game files which puts every plugin into separate folders like the tutorial says. Then the Export to OpenMW plugin registers the needed info to the cfg file. That should be correct procedure.
I tested putting every game esm and esp into one folder like you suggested to see if that corrected my problem
That is what you mean, right? English is my main language either
Unfortunately the result was the same. It seems OpenMW has one small flaw in this rare case.
It would be nice if a Show All Plugins option was added to the drop-down menu

Do't take this as criticism towards OpenMW. I love using it when I play Morrowind on PC or my tablet.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The content dropdown should have an entry for Morrowind.esm, and then all your plugins should be available. If you select something else, then you only see things that depend on what you've selected. The MO2 export plugin should be adding the game's installation directory as a data directory, so you should have the option to select Morrowind if your installation is intact.
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

The installation of this total convertion mod requires that the vanilla ESMs are not present.
That could be part of the problem.
The Data Files folder must only contain the MA plugins and the plugins of other mods.
So the problem still is that the OpenMW launcher restricts my options.
It's not even possible to load the MA custom scripts esm if you want to play in english
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If it's a total conversion, then there should still be one ESM file that all the others have as a dependency. If not, then either it's possible to break this mod in the vanilla engine, or someone on our end has misunderstood how that all works and a rule that worked fine for some total conversions doesn't work for all of them. I'll try and point the right people at this thread.
MasterParadox

Post by MasterParadox »

This TC is a little complicated.
It is a german mod with two main esms. It's one script esm and the german main esm.
It also has several patch updates which depend on the german main esm.
It was translated by someone else. The english translation remade the main esm in english with a esp for further translations.
The problem is that the english version did not get the updates and the german patches depend on the german esm.
That is why it is so important to have all these plugins at once.
It is particularly important to have the script esm which the launcher won't let me select when I choose the english main esm in the drop-down.