[Solved] Trying to build for the first time in a while, getting a cmake error (Debian)

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
AzimuthFE

[Solved] Trying to build for the first time in a while, getting a cmake error (Debian)

Post by AzimuthFE »

When I try to run cmake I get:

Code: Select all

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:151 (find_package):
  Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5Core" that is
  compatible with requested version "5.12".

The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfig.cmake, version: 5.11.3
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfig.cmake, version: 5.11.3
Trying to upgrade qt5-default gives:

Code: Select all

qt5-default is already installed at the latest version (5.11.3+dfsg1-1+deb10u3), so it will not be upgraded
I am unsure how to proceed?
Last edited by AzimuthFE on 24 Jul 2020, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Re: Trying to build for the first time in a while, getting a cmake error (Debian)

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You're probably going to have to build Qt yourself or install a PPA/testing version. Debian is so opposed to regressions that they consider oldest supported LTS build as dangerously close to the bleeding edge and won't provide it.
AzimuthFE

Re: Trying to build for the first time in a while, getting a cmake error (Debian)

Post by AzimuthFE »

Cool. At least I know now. I built it in a folder other than /bin or /usr/bin. How do I point cmake to the right folder?

Edit: nvm I figured it out. Thanks for your help. For anyone else who has qt in a non standard folder you need to add -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/path/to/qt/".