Interchangeability of GUI Source Texture Files

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Greendogo

Interchangeability of GUI Source Texture Files

Post by Greendogo »

I've noticed that although the GUI texture files pulled from Morrowind's BSA work fine in the current build, what doesn't work are replacement textures for GUI that are sized differently than the original files. So I am going to assume that currently OpenMW doesn't resize the textures to fit the predefined layout, correct?

This might be important if someone ever wants to produce a higher resolution set of GUI textures. If the engine doesn't resize the textures then they won't fit together correctly at all. :shock:

I came across this when working on the example suite, since one of the things I have to do is to replace all the textures pulled from the MW BSA (so this includes the GUI textures). I tried just using a popular GUI replacement mod, and besides that set being largely incomplete, the top rectangular texture of each window was sunk several pixels too low.

Of course, I can think of a few reasons not to resize textures automatically.
Zini

Re: Interchangeability of GUI Source Texture Files

Post by Zini »

If it does work with MW and not with OpenMW then it is a bug. You can add a bug report to the tracker, if you want.
Greendogo

Re: Interchangeability of GUI Source Texture Files

Post by Greendogo »

I've decided just to work around this. I'm just going to reskin Vanilla Morrowind's GUI texture files instead of using someone else's.

Now that I'm messing around with the texture files, I can't even be sure that the guys who did the texture replacer I was using didn't just leave out some of the textures (and thus using vanilla MW's), and having that be why it looked all mis-sized. But I'm too far in now to go back and check. I'm sure it'll come up again if it is indeed bugged.