[Solved] Contruction Set Not Properly Saving My Edits

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
psychotrip

[Solved] Contruction Set Not Properly Saving My Edits

Post by psychotrip »

Hi everyone. So I'm just trying to make a very simple change in the construction set.

All I want to do is change the racial abilities of a custom race. I've done this before and it worked easily. But right now for some reason, even after saving the edits, nothing changes. When I go back to the construction set, everything is as it was before I changed anything. It's as though the "save" button does nothing anymore, despite displaying as though it works.

Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks in advance!
lysol

Re: Contruction Set Not Properly Saving My Edits

Post by lysol »

Construction set, as in "The Elder Scrolls Construction Set" or "OpenMW-CS"?
psychotrip

Post by psychotrip »

The OpenMW one haha. I'm not THAT much of a noob at this.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

psychotrip wrote: 14 May 2020, 21:18 Hi everyone. So I'm just trying to make a very simple change in the construction set.

All I want to do is change the racial abilities of a custom race. I've done this before and it worked easily. But right now for some reason, even after saving the edits, nothing changes. When I go back to the construction set, everything is as it was before I changed anything. It's as though the "save" button does nothing anymore, despite displaying as though it works.

Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks in advance!
Okay, can you give us your infos? As in, what version, what OS you have, and openmw.log? This should help us to determine what is going on

ST the determiner
psychotrip

Post by psychotrip »

Sorry for the delay in replies!

I figured out what the problem was just a few minutes ago. I had 2 openmw construction sets on my computer for some reason. I think one is for the current release and the other is for the nightly? Either way, I was running the nightly version so I think that's why I wasn't seeing any changes.

Thank you guys for the help!

MOD: Marked as solved and moved to the Support subforum
-Atahualpa-