[Solved] Is there any save editor available?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
cacud

[Solved] Is there any save editor available?

Post by cacud »

I just need to rearrange some character's skill points. I think it has nothing to do with Content editor, though I'm using native OpenMW savefile format. I'm sorry if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I haven't found nothing similar neither at this forum nor on the Internet. Thank you!

MOD: Moved to Support subforum and marked as solved
-Atahualpa-
cacud

Re: Is there any save editor available?

Post by cacud »

More specifically, I need minor skill to become misc and vice versa. I tried to call class menu via console, but it sets the skill values to defaults. When it gets to

Code: Select all

Set[SkillName] [Value]
commands, console always returns

Code: Select all

Error: no implicit reference
string, regardless of both SkillName and Value.
CloneTwo

Post by CloneTwo »

The reason why there is the 'implicit reference' message is because you haven't chosen any reference.
Try clicking on your character first then typing the the command, or just player->[command].
Also changing the stats won't change their position as misc/minor/major skills, you could use the EnableClassMenu or EnableStatReviewMenu commands, but i'm not sure what the effects of using these mid-playthrough but assuming that you haven't gone that far into the game, you should be fairly safe
cacud

Post by cacud »

Thank you! That helped