Pink Texture with Graphic Herbalism?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Drandar

Pink Texture with Graphic Herbalism?

Post by Drandar »

Hey super new to modding OpenMW. I'm going down the total overhaul mod list (I'm at step 44) and I noticed the kershweed and other plant textures (the sponges near the egg mine was another one that comes to mind) are pink. I've followed the guide almost exactly only adding Morrowind Enhanced Textures. I believe the issue is with Graphic Herbalism and I am running on the latest nightly build so I have no clue what's wrong with it. Was wondering if its an issue on my end or I haven't downloaded it right. Any help would be awesome :D
Time4Tea

Re: Pink Texture with Graphic Herbalism?

Post by Time4Tea »

Hi, I've been using Graphic Herbalism that I installed 2-3 months ago and I haven't seen this problem. The name of the tar file I downloaded is Graphic Herbalism MWSE - OpenMW-46599-1-04-1558643353.7z, if that helps with versions.
Drandar

Post by Drandar »

Hey, thanks for the response! That's the same rar file I downloaded too. Looking at the page on the openmw modding list again it says it has a few mods to add on later in the list (some pherim replacers.) I think this may be the issue. Thanks anyways though!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Except for the fact that "Graphic Herbalism MWSE - OpenMW-46599-1-04-1558643353.7z" is not a rar file. Unless that was a typo on your part, could be different files.
lambda

Post by lambda »

I am going to be very vague about my answer but I experienced a similar problem with GH, but it was with the comberry bush textures. I traced it down either to different capitalisation of names or difference in texture types (tga vs. dds), I cannot remember which. If the first, it *may* have been caused by myself because I tend to lowercase everything from long held habits, even though OpenMW should handle it gracefully (stress on should); if the second, it has to do with the order in which OpenMW loads textures in which case converting them to the same format, say with ImageMagick's mogrify command, was the solution. There were some related bug(s) related to this that are solved in v0.46 nightly so even this advice may be outdated. Anyway, first try to find the relevant textures and any mods that install them (besides the vanilla game and GH) and see if there are mismatches, either in their names or in their image formats as this may give you a clue as to how to proceed.

Note: as a note of caution, don't go lowercasing or converting everything to tga as you will be causing yourself a world of pain.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

My current install has texture problems with heather and corkbulb, as well as several plants that are still containers (comberry for one, don't remember the others off the top of my head).
Drandar

Post by Drandar »

Looking more into my files and the total overhaul list, I realize I have a few patches in the load order for mods not installed (i.e. Apel's Azura's coast, and other mods). Also the texture files are in separate folders within the texture folder. Not sure if this is normal but it is something I caught.
Juicious

Post by Juicious »

jmelesky wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 19:27 My current install has texture problems with heather and corkbulb, as well as several plants that are still containers (comberry for one, don't remember the others off the top of my head).
I'm also having the same problem with missing textures for corkbulb, heather, and comberry. I haven't found a fix for this yet and Graphic Herbalism + Patch for Purists are the only mods I have installed (Yes, I only installed the meshes as the directed)

EDIT: I found out the fix for this, made me feel pretty dumb lol. So even though the mod says you only need to install the meshes into your data folder, you also indeed need to install the texture. Glad it was an easy fix though.
Abada

Post by Abada »

I encountered the same problem with the Marshmerrow and Kreshweed plants. For me the problem turned out to be the patch for Apel's Asura Coast, which I had not downloaded yet. Once I got to that mod, the problem solved itself.
Violen

Post by Violen »

This is a quote taken from a post on the Said mods nexus page.

"I found the cure though, go here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... ?tab=files and download the main mod. Pull the Textures folder out of that mod and place in your "15 Apel's Azura's Coast" folder, if you're using the guide from https://modding-openmw.com
There's a note tucked away in the Graphic Herbalism section that mentions this...I'd missed that tiny detail."

This might be what Abada was talking about.

Hope this helps :)