False accusations?!

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Time4Tea

False accusations?!

Post by Time4Tea »

I seem to have run into what looks like an odd bug. I'm a member of the Fighter's Guild and I've made the 'guest bedroom' near the main entrance of the FG in Ald'ruhn my 'base of operations'. I have a nice pile of quality loot stashed in there, along with some alchemy equipment that I have stored in the chest. However, lately, when I go back and try to take out the alchemy equipment from the chest, I am told that 'my crime has been reported'; I get expelled from the guild; and the other guildmembers start attacking me. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

This is definitely my stuff that I acquired legitimately and have been able to retreive in the past.

There is one other thing that might be connected (or not): one night, when I slept there, a bonewalker spawned next to the bed to attack me. However, it must have spawned in a weird location, as it drifted up through the ceiling and vanished, before I could kill it.

So, it seems I have something of a haunted room? :roll:
Ebonair

Re: False accusations?!

Post by Ebonair »

I wonder if you stored an item flagged as 'stolen', and retrieving it triggered the stealing-from-guild event?

Anyways, I recommend using a spell of damage stats on them until they can't move, and destroy their weapons, so you have a group of angry yelling statue-people.

[EDIT] Nvm, I need to wake up more before I post. The statue advice still stands though.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

When you take items from an owned container, Morrowind treats it as a theft, so there is nothing wrong here.
Time4Tea

Post by Time4Tea »

akortunov wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 18:35 When you take items from an owned container, Morrowind treats it as a theft, so there is nothing wrong here.
Ohhhhh ... that's right. When I did it before, I closed the door first, so they couldn't see me taking my legitimate property out of their precious chest. Oops!
Ebonair wrote: Anyways, I recommend using a spell of damage stats on them until they can't move, and destroy their weapons, so you have a group of angry yelling statue-people.
That's a nice idea! I'm level 25 at this point, so I could easily just kill them all and take over their silly building :twisted: