[Linux] Modinstallation

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Serya

[Linux] Modinstallation

Post by Serya »

Hi,

I already posted this in the Modpart of the forum (sorry for the repost) but there was almost no response (no offense, I know that in almost every forum the "specalized" parts are not that visited compared to the more general ones). I ran into a problem with the modinstallation on my Mint 19.1 (if this is relevant). It's the first time i install a mod and my english is not the best so maybe I just misunderstand something.

The instruction says I have to edit the configfile in "$HOME/.config/openmw" and NOT the one in the rootdirectory of OpenMW. If i edit the "allowed" file nothing happens (nothing changes in the launcher), but if I edit the "forbidden" one the .esp is displayed in the launcher. This is the thing where i maybe misunderstand the instructions.

But the real problem is that the .esps are loaded but not their datas like meshes or textures. I tried to install Morrowind Rebirth 5.0. The Path to the mod is "$HOME/Spiele/Mods/Morrowind Rebirth-5.0/Data Files".

This is how the modpart of my configfile looks like (the ... are standing for my username):

Code: Select all

data="/home/.../Spiele/Morrowind"
data="/home/.../Spiele/Mods/Morrowind Rebirth-5.0/Data Files"
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Morrowind Rebirth [Main].ESP
In the folder where the .esp is are also the folders for the meshes, textures and so on. But most of the time I (and NPCs) immediately fall through the floor as soon as I enter a changed house because there is nothing I can stand on (this means the meshes are not loaded correct right?). There are also sometimes no walls and no furniture so e.g. plates are floating in the air.

I can't imagine this is a error in the mod itself (other people can run it without problems) or in the game (I think it would have been already reported and fixed), so there must be something wrong at my side. Does someone have an idea (probably it's something easy and stupid and I just don't see it)? I used an ISO of the german DVD-version of Morrowind (GOTY-version).

I also tried it with a seperate version of 0.46 but nothing changed, I still fall through the floors.

I found files called "openmw.log" maybe this contains more information (i created a "fresh" character and only selected my name and race and stopped the game as soon as I see there's the problem again):

Version 0.45:
Spoiler: Show
Version 0.46:
Spoiler: Show

Thanks in advance