Linux Manjaro 18.1.5 KDE issue with saved games

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
reddragon72

Linux Manjaro 18.1.5 KDE issue with saved games

Post by reddragon72 »

I have read up in a lot of places and posted on the official bug as well but going to post here as well.

The version or build of Linus is not the issue here, I believe, it is with openscenegraph.

it seems that OSG3.6, which is installed by default in Manjaro 18.1.5 KDE, is causing a random save crash bug.

At this time I am not sure I can downgrade as I did once from OSG36 to OSG34 and other apps broke and issues with my NVidia drivers started popping up.

So does anyone know of a fix for this bug other than downgrading OSG?

Link to issue on archbug https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/64576

Thanks
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Linux Manjaro 18.1.5 KDE issue with saved games

Post by psi29a »

Notify Manjaro to put a dependency on OSG 3.4, it is the only version we support because 3.6 currently is buggy (no seriously, 4 releases of 3.6 later and bugs are still not fixed upstream).

We should be good again once OSG 3.6.5 is released.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

OSG 3.6.5 is released.

We're not compatible with it yet.

Some of the bugs have been fixed, but some of them are potentially because we're misusing OSG somewhere and so won't get fixed until we can prove otherwise (or we fix them at our end because it might turn out that we are misusing OSG). There's also a breaking change in the API (yay, breaking changes in patch releases) and while we've got a PR and an MR to sort it out, I'm not 100% satisfied with either yet.
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

hey thanks for the replies. I am going to roll it back and sort out the other apps that have issues with 34.

I wanna stick to Linux but I gotta have my Morrowind fix
lambda

Post by lambda »

reddragon72 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 02:51 I wanna stick to Linux but I gotta have my Morrowind fix
Correct me if I am wrong, but Manjaro is a descendent of Arch so it should support AUR out of the box. I use the openmw-git package and never had any such kind of problems -- of course this means you will be a guinea pig for testing the dev build, and if Manjaro is rolling like Arch, then every time a dependency gets updated you have to recompile, so you will be living on the bleeding edge. Somehow this has worked quite well until now and the number of problems has been quite low, but YMMV.