[Solved] Bug with %PCRank?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
lambda

[Solved] Bug with %PCRank?

Post by lambda »

Before I open an issue in the bug tracker, just putting it out here because I may be misinterpreting things:

I am having this error with a dialogue entry added by the LGNPC Vivec FQ mod. The dialog topic is with Tiram Gadar, the dunmer aide to Trebonius that is *not* a member of the Mages Guild, or of any faction for that matter. I am though, but the console spits out:

Code: Select all

Error: Failed to replace escape character, with the following error: getPCRank(): NPC is not in a faction
Full text below:
Why do you ask me - what are you implying? Oh... are you considering joining that Great House, %PCRank? The attractions of House Telvanni are many, but certainly you would encounter significant conflict of interest.
%PCRank is indeed not expanded, but it seems to be calling getPCRank() on Tiram Gadar not me, which if it is, is indeed a bug. I have checked the dialogue entry and there is nothing suspicious or seemingly missing (e.g. PC Faction is correctly set at Mages Guild).
Last edited by lambda on 15 Feb 2020, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Capostrophic

Re: Bug with %PCRank?

Post by Capostrophic »

No, GetPCRank works correctly. If Tiram had a faction, it would have recovered your rank in that faction. Remember the dialogue system can't tell what faction PCRank should work with from the dialog conditions of the context.
lambda

Re: Bug with %PCRank?

Post by lambda »

Capostrophic wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 21:04 No, GetPCRank works correctly. If Tiram had a faction, it would have recovered your rank in that faction. Remember the dialogue system can't tell what faction PCRank should work with from the dialog conditions of the context.
Checked the docs and you are correct, %PCRank returns the PC rank of the faction of the speaker. My bad, I thought it was set by the dialogue conditions. So have to edit the plugin and delete %PCRank (could also give Mages Guild faction to Tiram Gadar, but that is much more intrusive). Thanks, I will mark this as solved.