Taskbar still showing on borderless window mode

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Lexil

Taskbar still showing on borderless window mode

Post by Lexil »

I've tried OpenMW for the first time (the official 0.45.0 build) but the taskbar is still visible when starting the game. I use Windows 10 and it will only cover up the taskbar if I set the game to fullscreen and switch ingame to windowed mode. No background programs are running. Has anyone a tip for me?
AnyOldName3

Re: Taskbar still showing on borderless window mode

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've never had this issue with OpenMW, but it does occasionally happen with things in borderless window and then goes away again later. The fastest thing that's likely to sort it is a reboot.
Lexil

Post by Lexil »

I tried a reboot, an other screen configuration, updating my driver and a reinstall of both Morrowind and OpenMW, but I still have this "problem". Well, it is not a big deal, just a bit annoying so set it to fullscreen and borderless again every time I start the game.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Sometimes I work around it in other things by setting the taskbar to auto-hide.
Lexil

Post by Lexil »

I tried it and now I understand what the problem might be.

Everytime I choose the borderless window option, the launcher will set it to a custum resolution like 1920x1061 like you can see in the third screen. Even when I try to hide the taskbar, the window won't fit borderless.
Caesum

Post by Caesum »

I have the same problem on my side with 0.45.0 and 2020-01-30 nightly build. Whenever I use the fullscreen option, the resolution always rollback to 1600x900. If I use windowed borderless the resolution always changes to 1920x1055.

Whenever I set the resolution through Launcher, then restart it, it saves all the options correctly. It seems then the resolution changes automatically when I launch OpenMW.exe itself. I can set the resolution to desired one within Options settings, but when I restart the game the resolution changes again.

Is there a way to stop OpenMW from forcing its own favourite resolution?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's SDL and your graphics driver getting stroppy with each other. OpenMW just does what it's told it's allowed to.
Caesum

Post by Caesum »

I see. Which graphics drivers could be the cause here? The Intel or NVIDIA one? I have two GPUs with Intel integrated graphics and 850M as dedicated. Intel GPU drivers version is 10.18.15.4248 (the newest available for Acer Aspire v5-573G) and the NVIDIA one is 430.86