Installing from PPA

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
raevol

Installing from PPA

Post by raevol »

Hey all, the Release PPA seems to be missing a dependency? I get the following:

Code: Select all

raevol@jabberwock:~$ openmw
openmw: error while loading shared libraries: libCg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
raevol

Re: Installing from PPA

Post by raevol »

I'm being told in IRC that the Ogre in the Ubuntu repos isn't compiled with the CG plugin. Regardless of how you look at it, this means that our release PPA is broken. Any ideas on how we can fix this?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Ubuntu comes with nvidia-cg-toolkit which needs to be installed first. In the deb itself, there is a control file, in which there should be a dependency on that. If it is not in there, then it is a problem and should be fixed.

Note that I said nothing about OGRE, and this is because the release PPA does not use Ubuntu's ogre for anything. The only requirement from the end user is nvidia-cg-toolkit, not libbullet nor ogre nor mygui.

Update: I had a look at the PPA debs and they do not include the dependency. K1ll can probably fixed that quickly or I can tomorrow when I have more time. This should do the trick:
nvidia-cg-toolkit (>= 2.1),
And the problem should be solved.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I can confirm that installing nvidia-cg-toolkit makes the game work. So we just need to add that as a dependency.

The new sky is stunning. Man, I can't wait for terrain and physics, I am going to explore the whole island!
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

I've fixed the packages. Now we just have to wait for Launchpad to build them.

I didn't specify nvidia-cg-toolkit as dependency because the build process normally can resolve all dependencies itself but it seems like this doesn't work in this case because only ogres static Cg plugin depends on the cg library. I guess the build process either completely ignores static libs when searching for dependencies or that this static lib doesn''t contain enough information to resolve the dependencies.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Good times. :)