Quite high

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Pogzy

Quite high

Post by Pogzy »

Hello,

Does anybody already encounter this issue?
screenshot000.png
screenshot000.png (486.67 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
regards
Pogzy
Capostrophic

Re: Quite high

Post by Capostrophic »

Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

This thread was not what I was hoping it would be, but I was not disappointed.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

I have to say, this is one of the more frustrating outstanding issues. There also doesn't seem to be a way to strip collision from specific pieces of furniture to prevent the issue in the interim, because the engine simply generates a collision mesh anyway. Even switching to nameless activators (so no tooltip pops up) hasn't worked for me. Very irritating.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Greendogo wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 12:04 This thread was not what I was hoping it would be, but I was not disappointed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jemolk wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 21:45 I have to say, this is one of the more frustrating outstanding issues. There also doesn't seem to be a way to strip collision from specific pieces of furniture to prevent the issue in the interim, because the engine simply generates a collision mesh anyway. Even switching to nameless activators (so no tooltip pops up) hasn't worked for me. Very irritating.
I don't know for sure if there is any way to fake/hack in a sit animation without adjusting the characters animation states and turning all chairs into activators to queue up the animation. This would require updating the character animation file (I know that there is a pic in the OP showing the sitting actor, so it *can* be done) but just doing this would not be ideal as it would also not work for non-chair object sitting (something like where the character is sitting on the ledge of the wall in Balmora, for example). I don't have any experience with updating character (player or NPC) animations, but I remember reading that NPCs animations are easier to extend than the player due to scripting NPC actions

Wish that we had some content creators/animators who could let me know how difficult this could be.

ST the sitter