Exclamation marks (still here with no mods on)

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
BlueSubaru

Exclamation marks (still here with no mods on)

Post by BlueSubaru »

Hello,
I have the common "misses meshed with yellow exclamation marks" issue.
So i try to desactivate all my mods in the OpenMW launcher, i also verify files integrity with Steam, and the issue is still here.
Any ideas?
Thank you ;)
AnyOldName3

Re: Exclamation marks (still here with no mods on)

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I guess posting your openmw.cfg is a good idea, and maybe your log, too. Make sure to put them in spoiler tags or upload them somewhere like pastebin so they don't fill up the whole thread, please.
BlueSubaru

Post by BlueSubaru »

Thank you for the answer,
Here's my config file : https://pastebin.com/KPrPFMs9
and the log file : https://pastebin.com/BQ4ZyQKr
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You definitely have lots of mods active there, both as extra data directories and extra content files. You've got Project Tamriel and Tamriel Rebuilt BSAs registered in the config file, but they're not being added in your log (which either means that config file doesn't match the log or you've not actually got them installed) and so some attempts to load PT and TR assets are failing. You've also got some unsupported nif file errors there, which I really think shouldn't happen. Maybe you've got some corrupt files or maybe you've done something weird like install a Skyrim or Oblivion mod.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Please use a nightly to fix the unsupported NIF version errors, these meshes most likely use 4.0.0.0 version but 0.45.0 doesn't accept anything except 4.0.0.2.
BlueSubaru

Post by BlueSubaru »

Thank you both for your answers,
I'll try with a nighty.
But is it normal that if i try to uncheck all the mods in the launcher I still have the "question mark issue"?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The launcher only lets you disable content files, not extra data directories or BSA files. If you've got a mesh replacement mod that just comes as a bunch of mesh files, and some of the replacements are unsupported versions, they'll still get used, and they'll still be unsupported, so you'll still get the error.