Data Files location.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Oldtimer

Data Files location.

Post by Oldtimer »

Hi all,

just installed latest nightly. Running GOG ver of MW.

OpenMW launcher sees the Bethesda dlc .esps bur they do not show in Morrowind Data Files. And I can`t find them somewhere else either. What I need is help with:

- finding the .esps. Why? I want to install Mlox and tes3cmd to clean and manage my load order and create .cmd multipatch.

And yes, I`m a complete dummy.

Rgds, Oldtimer
silentthief

Re: Data Files location.

Post by silentthief »

Oldtimer wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 15:53 Hi all,

just installed latest nightly. Running GOG ver of MW.

OpenMW launcher sees the Bethesda dlc .esps bur they do not show in Morrowind Data Files. And I can`t find them somewhere else either. What I need is help with:

- finding the .esps. Why? I want to install Mlox and tes3cmd to clean and manage my load order and create .cmd multipatch.

And yes, I`m a complete dummy.

Rgds, Oldtimer
Can you let us know what OS you are running on? (Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc)

I can help more with that info

ST
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Righty,

Win7 Home Pro 64-bit. I browsed Youtube and it looks like I have to create a Data Files folder within the OpenMW folder, correct? Mlox and tes3cmd should they go in there too? And will they be functional?

THX for your attn., Oldtimer
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Oldtimer wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 08:20 Righty,

Win7 Home Pro 64-bit. I browsed Youtube and it looks like I have to create a Data Files folder within the OpenMW folder, correct? Mlox and tes3cmd should they go in there too? And will they be functional?

THX for your attn., Oldtimer
The GOG installation should have made the necessary folders for you when installing Morrowind and openMW should be able to use them. I *think* that the issue is that windows 7 has the UAC (user access control) protection on any programs installed in "C:/Program Files" or "C:/Program Files (x86)", which limits writing to those locations.

Easiest fix is to uninstall GOG Morrowind and reinstall in another location. I would recommend something like "C:/My_Apps" or something which is located outside of those file locations.

---

Now, I am assuming that this is the issue. The default file installation would be there but you may have located elsewhere. If this is not the case, reply here and we can continue to assist

ST the assistant
ps -edited a couple of times for clarity
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

SRY for late reply,

anyway both GOG MW and OpenMW are installed in their separate folder on my E-drive.

THX for your attn.,

Oldtimer