[Solved] Installing on a Pi4?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
silentthief

Re: Installing on a Pi4?

Post by silentthief »

bomblord wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 20:28 Low settings 720p getting 30fps with vsync on!!!

I'm still getting garbled audio though. I assume this is the culprit

Code: Select all

[binkaudio_rdft @ 0x5593b63b30] The deprecated avcodec_decode_* API cannot return all the frames for this decoder. Some frames will be dropped. Update your code to the new decoding API to fix this.
[swscaler @ 0x7f60071be0] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to rgba.
Any clue what that solution to this is?
Full disclosure - not a dev. Just trying to give some general troubleshooting advice. That said, see what you have set for sound/what versions:

avconv -version
ffmpeg -version
Can you run the above commands in terminal (it is common in linux that Ctrl+Alt+T is the shortcut to open terminal) and share the output here?

ST
bomblord

Post by bomblord »

silentthief wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 23:09
bomblord wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 20:28 Low settings 720p getting 30fps with vsync on!!!

I'm still getting garbled audio though. I assume this is the culprit

[binkaudio_rdft @ 0x5593b63b30] The deprecated avcodec_decode_* API cannot return all the frames for this decoder. Some frames will be dropped. Update your code to the new decoding API to fix this.
[swscaler @ 0x7f60071be0] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to rgba.
Any clue what that solution to this is?
Full disclosure - not a dev. Just trying to give some general troubleshooting advice. That said, see what you have set for sound/what versions:

avconv -version
ffmpeg -version
Can you run the above commands in terminal (it is common in linux that Ctrl+Alt+T is the shortcut to open terminal) and share the output here?

ST
Any help is appreciated. Running the command avconc returns an error saying the command does not exist.

Running the ffmpeg command returns a massive block of text but I think this is the relevant part "ffmpeg version 4.1.4".
Last edited by bomblord on 30 Aug 2019, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

bomblord wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 15:21
Any help is appreciated. avconc returns an error saying the command does not exist

ffmpeg returns a massive block of text but I think this is the relevant part ffmpeg version 4.1.4
I think that the version may not be the issue, as the most recent version of ffmpeg is 4.2 as of August 5th. It may be worth trying to upgrade but I don't know if that would solve it.

Regarding the error, the only thing that I could find with a similar error was found here:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=21016

tl/dr; for that particular forum the error returned was due to a regression in mozilla firefox using ffmpeg which caused an error with hardware acceleration
what looks like relevant part of the above link wrote: the problem is not present on my old netbook PC with the integrated Intel graphics card, while my main PC, which has the problem, has the modern AMD Baffin (Polaris11) based card. I guess VP9 decoder tries to use some kind of hardware acceleration but can't do it correctly for some reason (may be libavcodec used to build Pale Moon is too old?). The problem is present only in Pale Moon - Firefox and Waterfox, for example, run HD videos smoothly.
I confirmed on this link -> https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/co ... _natively/ a comment that says
what reddit link says wrote: There is no hardware accelleration for ffmpeg atm.
I hope that a dev can chime in on how to compile without hardware acceleration

ST
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

You've omitted your normal ST the adjective or noun footer, and the Edit Post button is looking awfully tempting...
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

bomblord wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 15:21 Any help is appreciated. Running the command avconc returns an error saying the command does not exist.

Running the ffmpeg command returns a massive block of text but I think this is the relevant part "ffmpeg version 4.1.4".
Yeah, with further looking into this, it looks like the package which raspberry pi seems to favor is the ffmpeg (over avconv due to security concerns). I also see that it looks like you are looking in the official raspberry pi forums? I mean there could be another bomblord, its possible, but I assume that you went there for assistance as well (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 2#p1517836)

Let me ask you this - does the error take place only on the opening video? I mean, if you were to load a saved game you would bypass the bink video introduction, have you been able to get normal game sound working or is it all garbage? I am asking because it may be that they need to patch ffmpeg to not have this error. I hate to say something like "you may have to wait" but am at a loss though how else to assist.

---
AnyOldName3 wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 01:23 You've omitted your normal ST the adjective or noun footer, and the Edit Post button is looking awfully tempting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: well, I mean - if you happen to see an empty one and you made an edit, I would probably get as laugh out of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST the a-little-more-cautious-about-leaving-blank-after-my-name
bomblord

Post by bomblord »

I have great news and I have bad news.

The good news is..... Audio is now working! Sakaki updated the Gentoo 64 build on pi which included some updated opengl and ffmpeg versions. It fixed some flickering texture issues along with the audio

The bad news is..... the game now hard crashes on leaving the ship in the opening.

Unloading cell Imperial Prison Ship
Loading cell -3, -10
Loading cell -3, -9

*** Fatal Error ***
!!! Failed to exec debug process
Segmentation fault
bomblord

Post by bomblord »

After a new genup (update command on Gentoo) everything is working ...... except vsync which isn't a game or deal breaker at least.

I'm getting 30fps outdoors at medium view distance and 720p and 60fps indoors.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: [Solved] Installing on a Pi4?

Post by psi29a »

excellent! :D