Quest breaking cell interior draw distance bug

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
JonjonBrown

Quest breaking cell interior draw distance bug

Post by JonjonBrown »

Hello I've been playing open openmw for android since late 2018
and I've had a major draw distance bug for the (cell) of the Dome of Serlyn in the clockwork city that has carried onto the omw nightly and omw play store build for android (the bug is on all 3, nightly GitHub, omw play store, and openmw android GitHub).
This bug breaks the main questline for the Mournhold dlc :oops: .

On the Mournhold dlc at a certain point you are required to go to the
Spoiler: Show
. After that point you make it past the automatons and the Dome of Kasia and enter the dome of Serlyn to find it is completely grey and your blind, except for any lights in the room, can see those if they are an inch or two from your face and you happen to run into one blindly, all the while you are being attacked by
Spoiler: Show
automatons being generated by some machine.
I'm sure the issue is the interior cell draw distance values for the Dome of serlyn is set to a blinding low such as -1.0 instead of the normal 1.0.
Now, this was a common issue with ati graphics cards in the early 2000's and a relatively easy fix being all you had to do was open morrowind.esm find the dome of Serlyn find draw distance and change it back, HOWEVER you clearly know on Android you can't open Morrowind.esm and I'm not inclined enough to figure out a work around to change the values so I'm screwed.

There is plenty to do in this game for the mean time but I just wanted to inform you. I don't know if anyone has completed the Mournhold dlc yet on android and it may be processor or GPU specific.

My device is an LG V20 Sprint version with a snap dragon 820 and a adreno 530 GPU if it helps.
AnyOldName3

Re: Quest breaking cell interior draw distance bug

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Someone needs to replicate this on a desktop version of OpenMW or we'll have to declare it Android-specific, and then it'll just end up in the huge pile of Android-specific bugs that happen because only one person works on Android. You should be able to copy your save across to a computer and try it there.
JonjonBrown

Post by JonjonBrown »

Damn, wish I could but I don't have a computer at the moment guess it will get piled then... :(
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you upload a save and give specific reproduction steps with a description of exactly what should and shouldn't happen, someone else might be able to try it.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

I can not reproduce this issue on Linux. It should be something Android-specific.
JonjonBrown

Post by JonjonBrown »

I will upload a save file and some steps and what the outcome should be and/or what you should see to the best I can.