Disable rotating "idle" Camera?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Nordlicht

Disable rotating "idle" Camera?

Post by Nordlicht »

Hello @all!

First: I'm a long time Morowind Fan, I bought the original Game at the time of the first release and I'm really glad about OpenMW and all the hard work the team is doing here. You're really doing a great job and I'm happy about every single release (the release videos are alway a great fun to watch).

One really nasty thing I couldn't get rid off is that nasty idle animation that jumps in after about 20 seconds when doing nothing at all. Sometimes you just want to wait for a while, looking at some special point, but then that animation jumps in. I've searched the web for a way to disable it, but to my suprise there was no solution for that problem. As you may notice, I'm not a native english speakrer, so maybe I've just searched for the wrong topic.

Is there a simple way to disable that behavior?

Many thanks!
AnyOldName3

Re: Disable rotating "idle" Camera?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's 30 seconds, not 20 (I know as I use it for timing benchmarks a lot) and while I thought it could be disabled, I'm coming up short on how to actually do it. The proper name is vanity camera, so searching for that might get you further. There are parts of the code that mention disabling it, but I'm not certain if that's just turning it off when the mouse is moved (or the key to activate it manually is released), or if it's something that can be done in a savegame or mod (as it shows up in the ESM reader), but I don't think there's a setting.

Hopefully, someone else can step in here.
Nordlicht

Post by Nordlicht »

Thank you, searching for "vanity camera" helped a lot. Obviously there is no setting in the config file to disable it generally, but the console command "DisableVanityMode" is doing what I want until a better solution is at hand.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... nity-mode/
Stomy

Post by Stomy »

I'm pretty sure there's no setting for it, but adding one would be very easy task. I'm also partial to turning off the automatic vanity camera so Nordlicht's not the only one who would appreciate a setting for it.
Nordlicht

Post by Nordlicht »

Glad to hear I'm not alone. I wondered why that didn't annoy more people.
Stomy

Post by Stomy »

Okay, so the way to get this to work reliably is with a mod. It's a somewhat involved way of doing what should be a simple config setting, but this is a hold over of how it worked in the vanilla game. (For that matter, this same trick also works with the original executable).

Code: Select all

Begin DisableVanityCamera

DisableVanityMode

StopScript DisableVanityCamera

End DisableVanityCamera
In OpenMW-CS create a new mod file, create a new script containing the above code with the name DisableVanityCamera, and add it to the list of Start Scripts. Finally activate the new mod in your launcher.

It's not how I would have set this up to work in the first place, but that's how it worked in original Morrowind so we may as well do it the same way.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Or you can just set a huge value to the fVanityDelay GMST.