missing texture

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
FreshMoose

missing texture

Post by FreshMoose »

One specific tree is missing its bark texture. I believe the model is named flora_tree_04 or something of the sort. I don't want to re install the game files because i've just fixed a lot of texture problems, but if that's the only option then so be it.
Enkida

Re: missing texture

Post by Enkida »

This sounds like a mod problem to me, amd a very specific one that I will be amazed if I actually have the right answer to it.

Go to the Nexus. Download every single one of Vurt‘s plant life II mods. Extract and combine all the textures from those mods into one textures folder. Install it as a mod called anything you want, like „Vurt‘s missing textures.“. Make sure it is in your mod order list before any other texture mod you install.

The reason this and many other texture errors pop up on modded MW flora is that some people have made flora overhaul mods that roll in parts of Vurt‘s mods without including all his textures. Doing this solves usually 90% of my missing plant texture errors. It happened for me on Vanilla MW 5-8 years ago too, as an aside.