Distant Land Not Working

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
mattrichor

Distant Land Not Working

Post by mattrichor »

Hi I have the latest build of openmw & tes3mp, and I can't get distant land to work. Additionally, I am having a strange thing happen that resembles that classic windows xp error dialogue. It seems as though there is a texture missing on the horizon and whenever the horizon is present, the statics ahead of it seem to "drag" across the backdrop.

It occurs on both tes3mp and regular openmw. I have reinstalled morrowind/openmw/tes3mp multiple times to no avail, and while it's not necessarily game-breaking, it's real annoying

When I change the distant land options in the settings.cfg file, they don't change anything and this problem persists. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this/knows where i should look to fix it

Cheers!

kuyondo

Re: Distant Land Not Working

Post by kuyondo »

[terrain]
distant terrain = true
distant land = true

[camera]
viewing distance = 6666++
set your viewing distance to a high number.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

"distant land" is not an actual setting.
mattrichor

Post by mattrichor »

Figured it out! I had all my Morrowind stuff on an external hard drive but tes3mp was using the settings from openmw in documents/my games!

still not sure what the whole wacky background thing was but distant land works now & is covering up that monstrosity

thanks all!
mattrichor

Post by mattrichor »

Just made another post about this from years ago because, although I solved the distant land issue, that wacky background thing is still going on.