Console

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ElderTroll

Console

Post by ElderTroll »

How do you open the console in openmw? Also what are some common commands like enabling physics.
gus

Re: Console

Post by gus »

press F1. To enable physic; the command is ToggleCollision (or TCL).
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Great!

Okay, I've noticed some things related to physics that I'm sure you're already aware of.

First, in the console when you enable physics collision is misspelled 'collsion'. If physics is enabled in the cave exiting to exterior cells begins to load music and then crashes the game. Enabling physics in exterior cells either locked the character into a certain height or caused the game to crash. Going from an exterior cell with physics enabled to an interior cell causes the same height locking. Let me know if any are worth putting bugs page.

It's fun flying around and seeing the floating scenery.
Zini

Post by Zini »

First, in the console when you enable physics collision is misspelled 'collsion'.
Nice catch. Will fix. No need for adding an issue to the tracker.
If physics is enabled in the cave exiting to exterior cells begins to load music and then crashes the game. Enabling physics in exterior cells either locked the character into a certain height or caused the game to crash. Going from an exterior cell with physics enabled to an interior cell causes the same height locking. Let me know if any are worth putting bugs page.
The height locking happens when you have no ground below you. I guess OpenMW behaves slightly different than MW here, but there isn't anything reasonable you can do in this situation anyway.

The crashes you mentioned are one of the regressions we are currently researching. No need for adding an issue to the tracker either.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Is there an area that needs playtesting and bug hunting?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not right now. All of the recent bugs popped up in places where we did not expect them.

There will be a new configuration system to test immediately (hopefully) before the release of 0.12.0. And 0.13.0 should have plenty of stuff to test.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

What's the command to load other cells?

If there isn't a console command guide made I could put that together. Is there a list of commands somewhere?
gus

Post by gus »

coc Vivec
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

werdanith

Post by werdanith »

We have a testing page on the wiki with advice and useful links, like which commands are implemented.
http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title=Testing