Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Jarad

Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Post by Jarad » 03 Apr 2018, 08:44

So I have been using mods for years and openmw since version .40 and have quite a collection going. I recently started playing around in the construction set and thought I would go ahead and merge some of my standard mods to remove clutter from the launcher. I was quickly confused.
Perhaps I am going about it wrong but it has me create your version of an esm with all three original esm's included. Is this normal or am I just totally off in the wrong direction?

Capostrophic

Re: Noob trying to merge mods in openmw

Post by Capostrophic » 03 Apr 2018, 14:12

Yep, this is normal, merge function is supposed to be used for merging development files with a game file (not specifically Morrowind, and don't actually merge anything with Morrowind.esm). Currently it can't be used for merging content files independently.
shitty lingua anglica grammar ftw

Jarad

Post by Jarad » 03 Apr 2018, 19:09

One more thing. The merged mod seems to work fine but the world map and overlay seem a little hinky.
screenshot010.png
Screenshot of world map
The merged files are only the 3 game esms and a companion mod as a test. Is this something I can fix?

Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic » 03 Apr 2018, 19:48

This looks very wrong and I have no idea what caused it. As I said, don't merge Bethesda ESMs.
shitty lingua anglica grammar ftw

Jarad

Post by Jarad » 05 Apr 2018, 02:00

I think I've narrowed down the world map weirdness. I think it has something to do with the cs. I tried removing all mods and just using one companion mod. The jasmine companion and with the unmerged esms everything was good. Then I opened the jasmine mod in openmw cs and saved as an addon and boom. Every cell that mod alters came up weird again.