Dialogue Audio Getting Cut [Arch Linux]

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
BlushBerry

Dialogue Audio Getting Cut [Arch Linux]

Post by BlushBerry »

I've read that this is an issue seemingly for MacOS but I'm also experiencing this issue on Arch Linux 4.12.3-1 is there any fix for this? I've been looking around the bug tracker as well as googling for possible solutions but everyone pretty much says wait for the next version. I diddn't have this issue in the past when using Linux Mint however strangely it's an issue here. I'm thinking possibly something to do with FFMPEG possibly? My knowledge of how OpenMW works is next to nothing so I have no idea where to begin.
Thunderforge

Re: Dialogue Audio Getting Cut [Arch Linux]

Post by Thunderforge »

Where did you read about it being a macOS issue? I'm not sure which issue you are referring to.
jmelesky

Re: Dialogue Audio Getting Cut [Arch Linux]

Post by jmelesky »

Thunderforge wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 16:43 Where did you read about it being a macOS issue? I'm not sure which issue you are referring to.
I'm not the original poster, but it was mentioned in the release announcement for 0.41.0:
Known Issues:
  • On OSX, some users may experience the beginning of acted voice clips cut off