Flickering Textures & Performance Issues

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Flabbergast

Flickering Textures & Performance Issues

Post by Flabbergast »

Hello all. New to this forum and I've tried searching this really annoying flickering issue I've been constantly encountering. The textures of foliage and animated banners erratically flicker between light and dark whenever I move the camera near them. The only responses I found about this were over a year old and not helpful at all, so I was hoping to see if there was any new info on how to fix this. And if anyone would happen to know what settings to use for the best frame rate with Distant Terrain on that would be very helpful. I've gotten 30 fps semi-consistently outdoors by using default water, but the stuttering is still a serious nuisance. Below is all the relevant info I think.

Specs
  • Windows 7, 64 Bit
  • AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor @ 4.00 GHz
  • 8 Gigs DDR3 RAM
  • AMD Radeon R7 370 GPU (4 Gig Memory Version)
Settings

Code: Select all

[Camera]
field of view = 80.0000
viewing distance = 14000.0
small feature culling pixel size = 16.0

[Cells]
exterior cell load distance = 2

[Terrain]
distant terrain = True
lysol

Re: Flickering Textures & Performance Issues

Post by lysol »

Hello and welcome!

Can't help with the distant land issues, but the flickering bug is a problem with AMD graphics cards. Seems like there's a workaround currently, and soon there will be an update to the drivers that will fix the issue entierly too.

See this post for info.