Immediate CTD

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Valtur_Naa

Immediate CTD

Post by Valtur_Naa »

I seem to have the files necessary to run the .exe file, but whenever I run the OpenMWLauncher, it immediately crashes to desktop. With no warnings except that it has ceased working. I'm using Windows Vista, is that the problem?

When I run the OpenMW.exe file instead, I get four lines that appear to work, then the following:

ERROR: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: the system cannot find
the path specified: ".data"

Is there something that needs done that I didn't do, or is it just my system?
Zini

Re: Immediate CTD

Post by Zini »

Did you adjust your data path? There is some documentation about it in the README file.

Edit: Not sure if that is related, but there is still an unmerged branch from pvdk that improves the error handling in the launcher). You could try to merge in his master branch and try again.

And if everything fails you can try to run OpenMW directly without the launcher.

Late Edit: And then there is still this issue.
Valtur_Naa

Post by Valtur_Naa »

um, how do I adjust the path when it's in a .cfg file? I loaded the Microsoft SDK, which has a .config editor, but the only program I can find which corresponds directly to .cfg gives view only. And my text editors won't touch those files. Do I have to write a program that can access the file?

And, merging ... is that GITHUB? I'm starting to wonder if it'd be easier to get a whole new operating system than run this game ...
Zini

Post by Zini »

um, how do I adjust the path when it's in a .cfg file?
Just any plain text editor should do.
And, merging ... is that GITHUB?
git, actually. In this thread we have a couple of good links, that should help you get started with git (and github).