(Solved) A texture can't be loaded (Races Redone mod)

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
abelthorne

(Solved) A texture can't be loaded (Races Redone mod)

Post by abelthorne »

Hello,
I'm using the mod Races Redone which changes textures for characters and there is a single one that is missing in game. All the others seem to load without trouble.

In the openmw.log file, I get the following errors near the end, which is likely the missing file (as the mkbh dir is from the mod):

Code: Select all

Failed to open image: Resource 'textures/d:/games/bethesda softworks/morrowind/data files/textures/mkbh/imperial/male/mkbh_manhead_imp06_d.dds' not found
warning line 572, column 6 (endif)
    endif without matching if/elseif
(Of course, I've checked that the file is in the dir.)

The mod includes two .esp files which are unrelated to the missing texture as they're only for Argonians and Khajits while the texture if for an Imperial model (if I disable them, I get the same issue) but apart from these, there are only Meshes and Textures, so nothing to add besides the path to the mod in the .cfg file.

I play on Linux (OpenMW 0.41), so Im a bit surprised to see a Windows path in the error. I'm not sure if it comes from OpenMW which would map Windows pathes on other platforms, or if it's set in a file from the mod but as I said, there is no mod file (.esp/.bas) besides the two that are unrelated to the missing texture.

Also, i'm not sure where this warning on some line #172 / column #6 relates to, nor if it's related to the error loading the texture: code in OpenMW? in a file from the mod? a file in a completely different mod?
Last edited by abelthorne on 28 Jun 2017, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Capostrophic

Re: A texture can't be loaded (Races Redone mod)

Post by Capostrophic »

Not an OpenMW bug. That head — of Larrius Varro, for example — has absolute file path to the texture in the mesh, and apparently this issue, which was in original "imperials redone" replacer, wasn't fixed in Races Redone. what the hell.

This next warning isn't related to the races redone mod nor OpenMW, it's an issue with some script. However, you need to run pre-0.42.0 OpenMW in "verbose" mode to figure out the name of the script in question. The issue doesn't (shouldn't) break anything and if the script works you'd better not touch anything.
abelthorne

Re: A texture can't be loaded (Races Redone mod)

Post by abelthorne »

Capostrophic wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 15:38 Not an OpenMW bug. That head — of Larrius Varro, for example — has absolute file path to the texture in the mesh, and apparently this issue, which was in original "imperials redone" replacer, wasn't fixed in Races Redone. what the hell.
Oh, ok, I didn't know the texture path was included in the mesh. That makes sense.

In case someone else has the same issue, someone made a fix for it: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43573/? (it includes a fixed NIF file to replace the one in the Meshes directory).
This next warning isn't related to the races redone mod nor OpenMW, it's an issue with some script. However, you need to run pre-0.42.0 OpenMW in "verbose" mode to figure out the name of the script in question. The issue doesn't (shouldn't) break anything and if the script works you'd better not touch anything.
Ok, I'll check this but so far I haven't noticed anything really broken.