Trying to Add Mod Breaks File

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Tract

Trying to Add Mod Breaks File

Post by Tract »

I use very few mods, but while trying to add one or two more, I came across the most annoying problem. When I go into the file, and try to add it loke other mods, it seems fine, I check it over, save, close file, and then open the OpenMW Launcher. I see either no change, or see that some mods have actually vanished. I go back into the file, and find that some quotations were automatically removed, butchering the attempt at adding the new mod, and sometimes ruining the entry for others. Whatever I do, it always happens until I re-enter every mod that I had been previously using from SCRATCH. Can anyone help me with this? Windows 7, pretty old computer.
AnyOldName3

Re: Trying to Add Mod Breaks File

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Can you post the relevant parts fo the file here, both before and after it gets meddled with and broken?
Tract

Post by Tract »

Do you mean the list of the data="balbalbla" parts of it? Also, just wondering, I have OpenMW on my Mac too, do you know why the Gamma Correction setting is not showing up anywhere in the menu?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yes, that's the right section.