Says it can't find my data files?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
tweb1984

Says it can't find my data files?

Post by tweb1984 »

I've tried installing it multiple times and I always pick the right directory but it keeps saying "could not find data files location."
Jyby

Re: Says it can't find my data files?

Post by Jyby »

Hi tweb1984,

Please post a screenshot of the error message you're seeing.

Make sure you're ordering the data files correctly. You must have the Tribunal.esm selected before the Bloodmoon.esm under the Data Files tab of the OpenMW Launcher.
Drahok

Post by Drahok »

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When loading the installation wizard it automatically finds my wine intallation, wich I select. Then I get the prompt "Select Tribunal installation media". As I understand I should select the Tribunal.esm file. I see this file in the file browser but it is greyed out like all other files and I cannot select it. It's the same when I opt out of installing the dlcs. It does not accept if I try to open the file by using the full path. There are no error messages I could give you.

Ubuntu 17.04, AMD, 64 Bit. All packages updated.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I would go to openmw.cfg and locate the lines pointing to morrowind/data files.

fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa
fallback-archive=Bloodmoon.bsa

These should be in the beginning of the file.

data="C:\Morrowind\Data Files"

This ought to be towards the end. Perhaps it's pointing towards the wrong folder. Or perhaps it's using / instead of \. You should be able to manually correct it, if that's the case.
tweb1984

Post by tweb1984 »

alright thank you all. I'm giving the game and mod installation another go today, so I will report back with results and what worked