OpenMW on Macbook-Steam client issues after winewrap

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
pickea7193

OpenMW on Macbook-Steam client issues after winewrap

Post by pickea7193 »

Does anybody know if theres a reason downloading steam using wineskin has rendered the steam client unusable? I had literally no issues with this in february, but attempting to redownload it has made the steam client unusable. I cant click the login buttons to attempt to download morrowind in order to copy the esm file into openmw

I have been scouring the internet all day long, and tried wineskin 2.6, 2.5, and 1.7 (all versions, just to see). And they all have the same issue. Steam client has some sort of problem.

Does ANYONE know of a fix for this, or what specific version to use? thank you

I know all the other steps, i just cannot get past this certain step. Thank you
GameEnder

Re: OpenMW on Macbook-Steam client issues after winewrap

Post by GameEnder »

If you want to download Morrowind on OSX you would be better off using SteamCMD instead of using wine.

Setup

Code: Select all

mkdir ~/Steam && cd ~/Steam

cd ~/Steam

curl -sqL "https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd_osx.tar.gz" | tar zxvf -

/steamcmd.sh +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType "windows" +login "YOUR_USERNAME" "YOUR_PASS" +force_install_dir /Morrowind +app_update "22320"
From there point the OpenMW installer at the Data Files directory it downloaded and you are good to go.