Problems with meshes

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
WhiteGuar

Problems with meshes

Post by WhiteGuar »

Hello everyone, I'm running OpenMw (0.41) and I have to say it's great, so first thing I want to do is to thank the people who made this project possible. However, there's a problem that bothers me: there are some missing meshes.
The more I explore the world, the more wandering giant exclamation points I find. Until now, the game is missing the Dark Brotherhood cuirass mesh, the Netch Leather cuirass mesh, and the Imperial Chainmail cuirass mesh. I tried to run the original Morrowind.exe file, started over, and everything was just fine: these meshes are not missing. I really don't know what could be the matter with OpenMW. The only mod I am running is Xenn's Marskman overhaul.
Is there someone with the same problem? How did you solve that? Is it possible to convert the .openmwsave file to a vanilla (ess) format?

sorry wrong forum
Amenophis

Re: Problems with meshes

Post by Amenophis »

First, open the launcher, go to the fourth tab, e assure that the path to Morrowind is correct.
There is a button named "Run Settings Importer". Reimport and maybe everything will be fixed.
WhiteGuar

Post by WhiteGuar »

Thank you for your fast reply! After some messing with the load order, it finally worked.
By the way, does anyone know why the performance drops to 10-15 fps in sadrith mora? I do usually get 30 fps in cities, however the game becomes nearly unplayable there
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

WhiteGuar wrote: By the way, does anyone know why the performance drops to 10-15 fps in sadrith mora? I do usually get 30 fps in cities, however the game becomes nearly unplayable there
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3968&hilit=sadrith+mora

Summary: Lots of collisions going on in Sadrith Mora + CPU based physics engine.
raven

Post by raven »

WhiteGuar wrote:Thank you for your fast reply! After some messing with the load order, it finally worked.
By the way, does anyone know why the performance drops to 10-15 fps in sadrith mora? I do usually get 30 fps in cities, however the game becomes nearly unplayable there
You could give 0.42 a try:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4058&start=90#p46790
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

performance drops to 10-15 fps in sadrith mora
Same thing with my laptop with i7-3632QM.

Profilier shows 50-80 points in physics thread when I use a game with some mods.
There is a question:
When I modified physicsDt from 1/60 to 1/12 I got 5-8 points in physics thread and 25-50 fps (with bottleneck in graphics/draw threads).

On clean game i got 10-15 points with 1/60 and 1-2 points with 1/12 (with bottleneck in graphics/draw threads in both cases).

Can we make the step configurable or we need strictly 1/60?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It helps with a lot of things to have deterministic physics simulation, and that requires everyone has the same physics timestep. Going to a larger simulation separation can itself cause a bunch of physics issues, so it shouldn't be less frequent than 60 times a second on good machines, which forces slower ones to struggle.

There are other potential problems that can maybe be fixed eventually, though.
raevol

Post by raevol »

What version are you guys running? This was fixed, or at least drastically improved, recently.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

What version are you guys running?
Latest master, Linux. In 0.41 performance was much worse.

PhysicsSystem::applyQueuedMovement(float dt) causes slowdown in areas with large number of actors.
WhiteGuar

Post by WhiteGuar »

Upgrading to 0.42 solved the problem for me, many thanks.