(Solved) OpenMW follower AI aggroing distant enemies

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
UltimaPlayer12

(Solved) OpenMW follower AI aggroing distant enemies

Post by UltimaPlayer12 »

Okay, so the title pretty much explains it. I'm on the quest where you have to take one of the tribe leaders to Al Daedroth in order to finish part of the main quest, and she aggros on enemies in the opposite direction. She will literally go sprinting across the ocean and all I can do is follow her. I've tried using vanilla commands like PlaceAtPC, which don't seem to work so I assume were changed, and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. This happened with other AI characters, too, but none were as important as this character is. What can I do to either teleport her to me, or resolve this issue in general?
Last edited by Jyby on 09 May 2017, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Appears to be solved with new build of the game.
Allofich

Re: OpenMW follower AI aggroing distant enemies

Post by Allofich »

What version of OpenMW are you using? The AI for followers starting combat has been changed in the code recently, but isn't in the latest release (0.4.1). Try one of the daily builds with the latest code, or 0.4.2 when that comes out. If you are already using the latest code, it's something that may need to be fixed.
UltimaPlayer12

Post by UltimaPlayer12 »

Allofich wrote:What version of OpenMW are you using? The AI for followers starting combat has been changed in the code recently, but isn't in the latest release (0.4.1). Try one of the daily builds with the latest code, or 0.4.2 when that comes out. If you are already using the latest code, it's something that may need to be fixed.
Sorry about that, I'm using the latest public release. I'll have to try downloading a daily build, will it automatically find my saves? I'm assuming yes, but I'd rather be safe.
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

It will as far as I know.
lysol

Post by lysol »

UltimaPlayer12 wrote:will it automatically find my saves? I'm assuming yes, but I'd rather be safe.
You assume correctly.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Moved to Support.