Problem with mods.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
strafefaster

Problem with mods.

Post by strafefaster »

So I've installed a lot of mods and almost all of them work except for Fair Magicka Regen 2.0 and Natural Healing. I have them checked in the data files. Any ideas?
jirka642

Re: Problem with mods.

Post by jirka642 »

Fair Magicka Regen has info about how to fix it on mod status page on wiki. It's just a syntax error in script, easily fixed with openmw-cs.
strafefaster

Post by strafefaster »

Ah, I didn't see that expand button when I checked that page, thank you.

Edit: Ok I can't figure out how to edit it in openmw-cs. Can someone walk me through it.

Edit 2: Nevermind I got it working.
jirka642

Post by jirka642 »

It seems like Natural Healing (v1) also has syntax error in it's script which vanilla engine ignores.

Code: Select all

error line 21, column 24 (&)
    syntax error
Failed to add start script _bsp_hregen because an exception has been thrown: compile error

Code: Select all

18| ; Set the regen multiplier based on current health ratio
19| if ( HRatio <= 10 )
20|     Set RMult to 1 ; Lowest Mult
21| elseif ( HRatio >= 11 && HRatio <= 20 )
22|     Set RMult to 2
23| elseif ( HRatio >= 21 && HRatio <= 30 )
24|     Set RMult to 3
I never wrote morrowind script in my life, but from what I found out morrowind scripts don't support boolean operations (AND, OR, NOT, XOR, …), so part of this script would need to be rewritten to work correctly.

No clue why it actually worked without crashing in vanilla engine... :|

EDIT: Added info to wiki mod list
Zini

Post by Zini »

Don't try to figure out why things work in MW that are not supposed to work. That will only give you a headache.

Anyway, the and construct here is entirely redundant and if HRatio is a float it might even break things if MW would support and. You should be able to fix the script by removing the first part of the conditional expression up to and including the &&.