Potions effects showing when they shouldn't

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Naugrim

Potions effects showing when they shouldn't

Post by Naugrim »

Before opening a bug issue, I decided to post here because I know this is not how the game worked, but I don't know if the change was done in purpose.

I just installed openMW v0.37 and the thing is that I see the effect of potions in the crafting menu, even when I cannot see the properties of the ingredients.

I just created a new character and went to create some fatigue potions, but since my alchemy is so low I don't see any of the effects, that's OK.
But when I combine two ingredients in the potions making menu the effect appears on the right side. I checked with a standard installation on another PC and it should show a ? also.

what is it bug? or feature?
Cramal

Re: Potions effects showing when they shouldn't

Post by Cramal »

In the uesp page of alchemy (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Alchemy), it's explicitely said :
However, while you may not see all the effects listed, you can still make potions with these effects (a marked difference from Oblivion). If two ingredients you have chosen share an effect, even one that is hidden to you, the Alchemy screen will still show you what that effect will be on your potion. (This is one way to learn the later effects of ingredients even if your skill is very low.)
So this is a features, and one that exist already in vanilla morrowind
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

I fear I did not made myself clear.
I am aware of how MW works and the behaviour in OpenMW is different from Vanilla. I just took two screenshots with two new characters created exactly the same (DE/Agent).

If you don't know any of the effects, I get an ? in MW Vanilla. It shows the the effect in the name, but that's how it always have been.

But in OpenMW it shows me the effect as well as setting the name.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Interesting, so the effect list doesn't show the effect, but the automatic potion title still gives it away. Please create a bug report.