Problems setting up a dev environment on Windows

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
AnyOldName3

Re: Problems setting up a dev environment on Windows

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I should really have checked what k and e did before ignoring them... the deleting everything step is the cause of much nuisance that I could have been avoiding. (However, d is unnecessary, as if you use k, it detects extracted archives, and doesn't overwrite them, and if you don't use k, then everything will break if you use d, as any previously extracted archives will have been deleted.) Anyway, now I have to build everything again...
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Everything's built, and while I didn't copy those files, I've created symlinks (it might be an idea to add that as an option for the setup script, as it makes it more foolproof if the compiled builds 'just work'). I'm about to test it...
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It now is verified as working. Thanks for the help. I'll peruse the issue tracker looking for something relatively simple over the next few days.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Glad to be of assistance, and the symlinks might actually be a good idea, so thanks for that.
Happy developing.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Well six months later I actually have time to do something, and so decided to clean out everything and rerun the build script now that a newer version is in the master branch. However, there are some issues:

The exact command I'm running is

Code: Select all

CI/before_script.msvc.sh -p Win64 -v 2015 -k
although I initially had -k turned off, so it isn't the cause of the issue. The error printed by the script is

Configuring... Command cmake failed, output can be found in c:/OpenMW-dev-2/openmw/Build_64/output.log
and the log contains the following errors:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.4/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1247 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.58.0

Boost include path: C:/OpenMW-dev-2/openmw/Build_64/deps/Boost

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system
          boost_filesystem
          boost_program_options
          boost_thread
          boost_locale

No Boost libraries were found.  You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
  directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
  Boost.
My best guess is that the issue is because the Boost zip the script links to contains a lib64-msvc-12.0 folder for VS2013, but none for VS2015. I'm therefore assuming it'll be fine if I switch to the VS2013 mode, but it isn't the best idea to offer a VS2015 option if it actually won't work.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yep, VS2013 mode is fine.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Yeah, need to set up dependencies and such for VS2015, just need to find the free time to build, package, and test them first.