OSG build - Water and Shadows [SOLVED]

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
DanielCoffey

OSG build - Water and Shadows [SOLVED]

Post by DanielCoffey »

I was wondering what the current situation in the OSG build (0.36.1 Daily) is regarding Shadows and Water shaders. I know the Ogre build had a very thorough set of shaders but I remember back in June when I read about 0.36.1 that the OSG branch was still playing catchup in this area. I am also curious as to the current state of the Distant Terrain options.

At the moment, in a new playthrough I still have everything set at the defaults but I would like to know which of the graphics effects actually do something and which are placeholders.

Given a modern nVidia Gaming PC, which of the following should I enable, which should I leave off and why? I will be leaving AA set low because I am playing at 2560x1440.

AA : 0x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Texture Filtering : Bilinear / Trilinear
AF : 0x to 16x

Water Reflections : OFF (default)
- Actors : Off
- Objects : Off
- Terrain : On
Water Refraction : ON (default)

Shadows : OFF (Default)
- Large Distance PSSM3 : Off
- Terrain : On
- Actor : On
- World : On
- Misc : On
Texture Size : 512, 1024, 2048, 4096

I know from the config file that Distant Terrain is off and that draw distance/cells are default.
Last edited by DanielCoffey on 18 Sep 2015, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.
Cramal

Re: OSG build - Water and Shadows

Post by Cramal »

You may be interested by the recent post of scrawl in the OpenMW 0.37 thread :viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2949&p=34727#p34727
DanielCoffey

Re: OSG build - Water and Shadows

Post by DanielCoffey »

I have seen Scrawl's excellent post and it makes things clear to me.