How to Install?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
OutrageousTomb1

How to Install?

Post by OutrageousTomb1 »

Are there any specific instructions on how to install and run OpenMW on Mac, specifically when using the Steam version?
Tinker

Re: How to Install?

Post by Tinker »

The wiki does contain some general instructions that I assume you read,

Install Morrowind or for Morrowind on Steam: Use SteamCMD or Steam-Appmanifest to download the game data with the Linux Steam client.

Then "openmw-launcher" if you are under Linux/Mac, the setup will ask for the location of data files etc. There are a couple of threads on the forum about problems installing on mac which may be useful before you start.
OutrageousTomb1

Tinker wrote:The wiki does contain some general instructions that I assume you read,

Install Morrowind or for Morrowind on Steam: Use SteamCMD or Steam-Appmanifest to download the game data with the Linux Steam client.

Then "openmw-launcher" if you are under Linux/Mac, the setup will ask for the location of data files etc. There are a couple of threads on the forum about problems installing on mac which may be useful before you start.
I am not using Linux, so I can't use that command. But could it work if I used Wine to install Steam, then download the game?
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Well you need the data files to get OpenMW to run, install via wine seems the easiest option in your situation perhaps as OpenMW should find the install and use it.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

OutrageousTomb1 wrote:
Tinker wrote:The wiki does contain some general instructions that I assume you read,

I am not using Linux, so I can't use that command.
SteamCMD works on Mac too. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#OS_X
OutrageousTomb1

scrawl wrote:
OutrageousTomb1 wrote:

I am not using Linux, so I can't use that command.
SteamCMD works on Mac too. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#OS_X
Oh. Didn't see that. Thanks for the link.