Waiting for Open MW .32, then want to add Rebirth 2.8 mod

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
pacific90

Re: Waiting for Open MW .32, then want to add Rebirth 2.8 mo

Post by pacific90 »

i'm still rather confused and which i had a step by step.

i opened the openmw.cfg with text edit. at the very bottom i see 3 content lines.

before the content lines i made a new line:

data=" (path) "

What is step 2,3,4,5 for adding mods from there? thank you.

the mods I want to add: tamariel rebuilt, better clothes, better bodies, skyui overhaul for morrowind, and THE better faces compilation unless some one has a better face mod they can recommend.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Do any of these mods have bsa files? If yes, you also need to add these to the cfg file:

fallback-archive=xxx.bsa

Note that here you only need the file name, not the whole path.

Once that is done you should be able to activate these plugins in the launcher (for OpenMW) or in the open file dialogue (for OpenMW-CS).
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Only Tamriel, I think, has a bsa file so near the start of your .cfg files you should have something like

Code: Select all

fallback-archive=Morrowind.bsa
fallback-archive=Tribunal.bsa
fallback-archive=Bloodmoon.bsa
fallback-archive=Tamriel.bsa
Near the end of the config you should have something like

Code: Select all

data=/home/tinker/morrowind/Data_Files
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/betterstuff"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/animated"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/books"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/db"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/tamriel"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/CharGen"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/Nom"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/ase"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/Crafting"
data="/home/tinker/morrowind/ModData/lgnpc"
The actual path and folder nam,es will be different of course. I use betterstuff for all the better bodies, heads etc. some other mods get their own folder like Nom or crafting
pacific90

Post by pacific90 »

I am still a bit confused. Once I make these changes in the .cfg file. What do I with the mods? Where do I add the mods?
pacific90

Post by pacific90 »

on a side note, the better heads mod when u get it from nexus mods it only has one file in textures.

BH_AZ_DS_OR_dreadlocks_gr.dds
sjek

Post by sjek »

read the previous answers. it has been written two to three times + you got the rebirth working with previous versions and has been testing those so has to to ask how did you install the rebirth in the first place step by step ?

for the nexus file there's lot more than single file. you got corrupted download or unpacked wrongly.

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-70-12454 westly's is kinda comprehensive and npc face replacer was kinda some.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Mods for vanilla and partly openmw related mod using

https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... stallation as offered
OpenMW supports the use of multiple data folders. The first data folder is typically your Morrowind Data Files folder. Additional data folders can be added by editing openmw.cfg (see Paths for the location of this configuration file). This provides a very easy way to install and uninstall mods:

To install the mod, create a data folder for the mod and add its path to openmw.cfg
To uninstall the mod, simply remove the folder from openmw.cfg

The main advantage to this method is that mods coming with loose files are much easier to organize: if you had simply dumped such mods in your Morrowind Data Files, then file conflicts (e.g. the same Mesh / Texture file being overridden by multiple mods) are much more difficult to handle - files must be merged manually and uninstallation is extremely tedious.

When using multiple data folders, the priority of each mod can simply be changed by moving its data= line in openmw.cfg to a different place. The last data= line has the highest priority.
as tinker has, it can read those mods ingame and in the launcher those show up.

so 2. choose morrowind.esm as base in top and

3. stick the mark in the launcher next the mod you want and hit play.

it you are after more coincide manual of sort it would be be hard to do as the engine is under development and the details may change in some point in time.

welcome to modding. finding the load order in whitch all 200+ mods work can take hours on an end. and for the note if the mod reguires MGE, MCP, MWE or MWSE it not gonna work in openmw without overhauling or rewriting the mod and possible possibility may well be after 1.0 feature.

https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Bugs
http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/12-morrowind-mods/

and there's this one .p
https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... Guidelines
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

pacific90 wrote:on a side note, the better heads mod when u get it from nexus mods it only has one file in textures.

BH_AZ_DS_OR_dreadlocks_gr.dds
My copy, from Nexus, has 97 textures, if you do not have them then they will not show up in game. If you do not have them running validate in OpenMW-CS will list the missing ones. As Sjek said without knowing where you placed to mods then it is a bit difficult to give precise instructions. It may be possible with your help to add better mac instructions to the install text, the number of mac users is currently quiet small so procedures and testing are a bit behind.