OpenMW crashes on launch

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ScottishJon

OpenMW crashes on launch

Post by ScottishJon »

I'm running Elementary OS, which is basically a tweaked version of Ubuntu 12.04. I have installed OpenMW, and it works; I launch it, and it brings up the menu. I've selected the data files. When I press the big "Play" button, a window opens that is completely black, and then closes after a few seconds. No errors are displayed. I've attached the two log files in /.config/openmw. I honestly have no idea how to make any sense of them.
Attachments
ogre.log
(22.39 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
launcherOgre.log
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
cc9cii

Re: OpenMW crashes on launch

Post by cc9cii »

Don't see anything obvious in the logs, was there anything on the console window?
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

Don't you have a crash.log file created?
As cc9ii suggested, can you launch OpenMW from a terminal? The text output may point out the problem.
ScottishJon

Post by ScottishJon »

There wasn't a crash.log, but when I ran it with the terminal:
Loading config file: /home/adam/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Using default (English) font encoding.
Data dir /home/adam
Data dir /home/adam/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/TES3_Morrowind/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind/Data Files
Adding BSA archive /home/adam/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/TES3_Morrowind/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind/Data Files/Morrowind.bsa
Adding BSA archive /home/adam/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/TES3_Morrowind/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind/Data Files/Tribunal.bsa
Adding BSA archive /home/adam/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/TES3_Morrowind/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind/Data Files/Bloodmoon.bsa

ERROR: Archive 'Flora Glow.bsa' not found
I guess I've found the problem. How do I fix it? I used Steam to make sure all the game files are there, but the same error is coming up.

Edit: I figured it out. I guess a mod I installed a long time ago messed with Morrowind.ini, which synced to the Steam cloud. So I deleted and restored it, and then deleted .config/openmw and started over from the launcher.