Modded interior not displaying

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Tes96

Modded interior not displaying

Post by Tes96 »

My interior cave for Province:Cyrodiil was working just fine on my old crappy laptop. Now that I have this new laptop, the Asus G750JS-RS71, with its GeForce GTX 870M and i7-4700HQ, my interior cell isn't even loading the objects. I can COC myself to my interior cell just fine. But everything that I placed in it is gone. All that is there is the water level. But everything is there in the Construction Set.

I've attached the esp. Would someone take a look and see what might be causing this?
Be sure to have the latest PC_Data installed and to add Archive 0=PC_Data.bsa to your INI file. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
PC_i2-17.rar
COC yourself to "PC_i2-17"
(55.59 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
cc9cii

Re: Modded interior not displaying

Post by cc9cii »

Tes96 wrote: I've attached the esp. Would someone take a look and see what might be causing this?
Be sure to have the latest PC_Data installed and to add Archive 0=PC_Data.bsa to your INI file. Thanks in advance.
That URL asks to login - do I have to register first? Also, is PC_Data a complicated installation or just a zip file?
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

cc9cii wrote:
Tes96 wrote: I've attached the esp. Would someone take a look and see what might be causing this?
That URL asks to login - do I have to register first? Also, is PC_Data a complicated installation or just a zip file?
Yeah, you have to be a registered member. It only takes a minute.
No, it's an esm and Sound folder, if I correctly remember. So obviously you would drop those into the Data Files folder. Don't forget to add Archive 0 = PC_Data.bsa to your Morrowind .INI text. It's near the bottom right after the Level Up sentences.

When I use OpenGL Rendering Subsystem, I get this error. When I use Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem, everything is white.

I wonder if this has something to do with Windows 8.1 because this old laptop that I'm using was playing OpenMW just fine, and it had Windows 8. Now that I've installed a new hard drive with Windows 8.1, I'm getting all this bullshit. Are you or anybody else having these issues?
Last edited by Tes96 on 31 May 2014, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Not really that keen to join yet another forum just for one issue... Are the files available for anon public access?
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

cc9cii wrote:Not really that keen to join yet another forum just for one issue... Are the files available for anon public access?
No. I'll just ask on the Province Cyrodiil forums. Unless someone else here is a member of Province Cyrodiil.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

I downloaded PC_i2-17.rar, place the esp in the data directory, renamed it PC_Data.esp, then added it in morrowind.ini

However when I go to the launcher I am unable to select the esp. Was there something else I had to do?

Hmm... It seems I need PC_Data.esm on top of PC_i2-17.esp. Do I need *all* of the plugins shown in your list?
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

cc9cii wrote:I downloaded PC_i2-17.rar, place the esp in the data directory, renamed it PC_Data.esp, then added it in morrowind.ini

However when I go to the launcher I am unable to select the esp. Was there something else I had to do?

Hmm... It seems I need PC_Data.esm on top of PC_i2-17.esp. Do I need *all* of the plugins shown in your list?
You just need PC_Data.esm. It loads fine just like this.
You renamed PC_i2-17 to PC_Data?

I'm not sure why you cannot select PC_i2-17. This is what my Morrowind Data folder looks like.

My Morrowind.INI looks like this:

Code: Select all

[Archives]
Archive 0=PC_Data.bsa
Archive 1=TR_Data.bsa
Archive 2=Skyrim_Data.bsa
Archive 3=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 4=Bloodmoon.bsa
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

I registered, but I get this error when I go the link you've provided:

Code: Select all

You are not authorised to read this forum.
Couldn't even post there to ask for help :? Is there a time limit for new members before being allowed to post?

EDIT: posted a question to a different part of the forum. Hopefully someone responds.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Ok, SamirA showed me where to get the files. I can now load your esp. How do I get to your cave?

EDIT: is this what you expected to see?

EDIT2: there seems to be some issues with the meshes, but I don't know much about them. Maybe someone like scrawl can help here.
Spoiler: Show
EDIT3: I don't know if it is OpenMW lighting, but with shadows on it is impossible to see much inside the cave.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

No, it's meant to be dark; when I'm done I'm going to make it pitch dark so that you cannot see anything unless you have a light source like a lantern, torch or magic. I've made it brighter just so I can work in it for now.
I'm saying that when I load Province Cyrodiil using OpenMW 0.30.0, all my cells are absolutely empty except for the water level and the vivec waterfalls that I used. So I'm not sure why PC is loading in OpenMW for you and not for me. Do you have Windows 8.1?