Bug Report, Windows 32 bit

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Tolchock

Bug Report, Windows 32 bit

Post by Tolchock »

Hi, I spent a few hours testing out the latest Windows build (D4B8AC5). Here are a couple of probable bugs I found. I'll register for the tracker -- please tell me what should be added.

Deviations from Vanilla dialogue filtering
Talk to Sellus Gravius after a new game. In vanilla Morrowind, the topic 'the Empire' appears. In OpenMW, both 'the Empire' and 'Empire' appear. This is because vanilla only adds the longest phrase to the topic list. I think OpenMW Gravius has more topics than the one in Vanilla (e.g. guard).

Cannot pick up the braces of the slaves in Addamastartus
In vanilla Morrowind, the braces spawn at the player's position. In OpenMW they spawn at the slaves' position.

Flickering of water edge when the camera moves

Local map issues
- For certain areas the local map is black apart from icons (varies on each playthrough)
- Black diagonal, horizontal and vertical lines sometimes visible on local map

Trading issues
- Traders don't remember disposition changes due to barter attempts
- Trader gold doesn't increase or decrease after buying or selling
- After new game started, trader inventories became entirely black

Problems with equipping items when using a keyboard shortcut
Equipped item icon doesn't appear i item is equipped through keyboard shortcut. Furthermore, when I pressed the shortcut twice when equipping a Journeyman's Lockpick, the message 'you no longer have 'X'' appeared. The latter problem didn't appear for weapons.

Defective window resizing by dragging window borders
It is possible to (accidentally) resize the OpenMW window by 'dragging' the borders. This leads to graphical glitches. The window should only be resized through interaction with the GUI(?)

Crash with message in log: "failed to find animation3 for scrib"

After the above crash occurred, I tried to re-open Morrowind using the vanilla engine. I received this error message when launching the application: 'Render Creation Error: ""' and had to quit the application. I had not touched Morrowind in the meantime. I guess I will reinstall :(.

Edit: improved clarity.
Attachments
Inventoryerror.png
Maperror.png
scrawl

Re: Bug Report, Windows 32 bit

Post by scrawl »

Thanks, I'll take a look at these.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

In vanilla Morrowind, the braces spawn at the player's position. In OpenMW they spawn at the slaves' position.
It's a bug in vanilla, see: http://www.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_cs ... shtml#drop and OpenMW's behaviour should be the correct one here.
- Traders don't remember disposition changes due to barter attempts
- Trader gold doesn't increase or decrease after buying or selling
Unimplemented feature rather than bug. Added to tracker: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/953

Flickering of water edge when the camera moves
thanks for reminding me, reported http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/952
Talk to Sellus Gravius after a new game. In vanilla Morrowind, the topic 'the Empire' appears. In OpenMW, both 'the Empire' and 'Empire' appear. This is because vanilla only adds the longest phrase to the topic list.
Not really an issue imo, unless there's any content severely broken by this behaviour. It makes sense that a phrase with "the empire" would add both "empire" and "the empire" topics.
- Black diagonal, horizontal and vertical lines sometimes visible on local map
screenshot?
- For certain areas the local map is black apart from icons (varies on each playthrough)
I haven't seen this one yet. Does the map appear again if you enter "tfow" (toggle fog of war) into the console?
Is this issue in both exteriors and interiors?
The minimap in lower right corner is also broken?
- After new game started, trader inventories became entirely black
For me, it crashed. Pushed a fix.

It is possible to (accidentally) resize the OpenMW window by 'dragging' the borders. This leads to graphical glitches
What kind of glitches? Those are a separate issue.
The mouse is captured unless in main menu or console, so "accidentally" wouldn't happen very often. Only allowing a resize via options menu restricts it to the stock resolutions, which may not be optimal.
Problems with equipping items when using a keyboard shortcut
Feel free to report.
Last edited by scrawl on 16 Nov 2013, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

After the above crash occurred, I tried to re-open Morrowind using the vanilla engine. I received this error message when launching the application: 'Render Creation Error: ""' and had to quit the application. I had not touched Morrowind in the meantime.
OpenMW isn't touching anything in MW's installation folder, so that seems quite odd.
Tolchock

Post by Tolchock »

It's a bug in vanilla, see: http://www.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_cs ... shtml#drop and OpenMW's behaviour should be the correct one here.
Fair enough. Perhaps the behaviour was changed because it is impossible to pick up items at the feet of NPCs (unless they move).
Not really an issue imo, unless there's any content severely broken by this behaviour. It makes sense that a phrase with "the empire" would add both "empire" and "the empire" topics.
I think this *might* end up being a problem. For example, when I clicked 'the Empire' in Gravius' dialogue, it went straight to the 'Empire' topic. The former topic has dialogue unique to Gravius, and I had to click around randomly for a bit for it to appear. On the other hand, this could fix quest-breaking bugs in mods.
screenshot?
Attached. Seems to be all interior cells.
What kind of glitches? Those are a separate issue. The mouse is captured unless in main menu or console, so "accidentally" wouldn't happen very often. Only allowing a resize via options menu restricts it to the stock resolutions, which may not be optimal.
Ah. Just when I want to capture a screenshot, it starts resizing properly. The screen became compressed and blurry, and I could not drag the borders back into a larger shape - I could only make the window even smaller (fixed by pressing the maximise button). I'll see if I can reproduce.

Bug reported here: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/954
Also found a problem with equipping torches: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/955
Attachments
Maperror2.png
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The lines on the interior map there are normal. They're coming from some pieces of statics, you'll see them once you go floating above the room.
It's possible that vanilla excludes them from the map render, though I'm not sure how. Maybe there's a flag somewhere we might have missed.
Tolchock

Post by Tolchock »

I'm having a lot of problems with moving the camera in the latest Windows build (3EF5FCB). Specifically, I almost always cannot turn the camera when the player is moving, and there is a 1 second or so lag before I can move the camera after the player has stopped. If you like, I can try and pinpoint the version in which this started happening. Camera sensitivity seems to be fine when completely stationary, and the mouse works normally in other windows.

Regardless, I'm going to check out the magic now. Thanks :) .

Edit: Probably largely due to hardware problems on my end. Happens in vanilla, as well as earlier versions of OpenMW, although significantly less pronounced (probably 20% of the time vs 90% of the time). Time to buy a new mouse...